New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've got a Vista media centre PC.

I recently completed a hard disk upgrade - after which the system will no longer go to S3 sleep. I put it to sleep - and it wakes up immeadiately.

The only difference - besides the disk replacement - was I moved the USB keyboard receiever and Media Centre remote to external USB ports - off a motherboard header - rather then their previous location directly form the motherboard on the main exterior header.

I've verfiied all the USB port settings are the same (notably the "enable the PC to shut down the USB power when sleeping".) section in hardware manager. I've switched the USB devices back to their former ports - without success.

I've tried the MCE Standby Tool. (http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml) Frustratingly - I get the same result.

I really don't need - or want the PC to be on permanantly. I'm planning a Windows 7 upgrade to the PC in the next couple of months - but in the meantime I'd like it to play as nicely as it did before the upgrade!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Disseldorp View Post
    I've got a Vista media centre PC.

I recently completed a hard disk upgrade - after which the system will no longer go to S3 sleep. I put it to sleep - and it wakes up immeadiately.

The only difference - besides the disk replacement - was I moved the USB keyboard receiever and Media Centre remote to external USB ports - off a motherboard header - rather then their previous location directly form the motherboard on the main exterior header.

I've verfiied all the USB port settings are the same (notably the "enable the PC to shut down the USB power when sleeping".) section in hardware manager. I've switched the USB devices back to their former ports - without success.

I've tried the MCE Standby Tool. (http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml) Frustratingly - I get the same result.

I really don't need - or want the PC to be on permanantly. I'm planning a Windows 7 upgrade to the PC in the next couple of months - but in the meantime I'd like it to play as nicely as it did before the upgrade!

My hunch is your external USB hub may be powered with its own power supply. If that is the case, the devices attached would not turn off, and therefore still communicate with the PC, keeping it awake. I would first try moving the Keyboard and remote back to a motherboard port and test this way. Then test moving each device. Also test removing the external hub.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the same problem after SP2 was installed.
    I traced it back to my USB mouse.
    I went into device manager and under the mouse driver and unchecked the box that says someting like "allow device to wake up computer".
    Now I just tap any keyboard key to wake the computer.