New Lounger
    Thanks
    For the past week or so, a couple of beta versions of Microsoft Office 2010 have been available for installation and testing. Here is the link at which to start:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx

I personally have installed the Home and Business edition. All editions are defined at the site.

So far, the beta of the Home and Business edition seems stable. I think it is faster than Office 2007, and many features and parts of the interface have been improved since Office 2007 came out.
    BobR in New Mexico, USA

"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." This is our function, our challenge, our fulfillment - and our inheritance, to accept and to share, that the world may be healed.

Thanks
    Since this post is not specific to Word (or word processing), I'm going to slide it over to our General Productivity (Office in general) board for more generalized viewing.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Note: Office 2010 is BETA and all beta questions should be in http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...beta-software/

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Note: Office 2010 is BETA and all beta questions should be in http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...beta-software/
    I agree Dave, Moved to Beta Software
    Francois

Lounger
    Thanks
    Bob,
    The only Gotcha I have seen after installing Beta Office Professional Plus 2010 version 14.0.4536.1000 (32bit) is the fact it automatically uninstalled Outlook 2007 without any notification. Since I am on an Exchange server I had to uninstall outlook 2010 and re-install Outlook 2007. Seems to be workng fine now though.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jam View Post
    Bob,
    The only Gotcha I have seen after installing Beta Office Professional Plus 2010 version 14.0.4536.1000 (32bit) is the fact it automatically uninstalled Outlook 2007 without any notification. Since I am on an Exchange server I had to uninstall outlook 2010 and re-install Outlook 2007. Seems to be workng fine now though.
    That is always the case with Outlook. You can only have one version of Outlook installed at a time.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jam View Post
    Bob,
    Hi Peter. Thanks for your note. I didn't install the Office Professional Plus but "only" the Home and Office 2010 beta version. That installation didn't require me to uninstall Office 2007, of which I have the Home and Student version.

Frankly, I am not sure, however, that I think it is worthwhile for me to purchase the new Home and Office 2010, since my Home and Student 2007 installation is still pretty recent. And as you well know, Microsoft charges a LOT for their office suites.
    BobR in New Mexico, USA

"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." This is our function, our challenge, our fulfillment - and our inheritance, to accept and to share, that the world may be healed.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperez View Post
    That is always the case with Outlook. You can only have one version of Outlook installed at a time.

Joe
    Hi Joe - My experience now doesn't support what you said above. After installing the new Home and Office 2010 beta, I am now able to use BOTH Outlook 2010 beta and my Outlook 2007 (which I added later to my original Office 2007 Home and Student suite, which I bought in February, 2007)).
    BobR in New Mexico, USA

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riley View Post
    Hi Joe - My experience now doesn't support what you said above. After installing the new Home and Office 2010 beta, I am now able to use BOTH Outlook 2010 beta and my Outlook 2007 (which I added later to my original Office 2007 Home and Student suite, which I bought in February, 2007)).
    Could be a bug in the installer. In the past you've never been able to have different versions of Outlook at the same time.

Joe
    Joe