New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been a reader on Windws Secrets for quite some time now, and just got the message that this is up and running for WS readers.

I just got on Windows Secrets Lounge less than an hour ago, and have not even peeled the wrapper off it yet, and already LEARNED something while helping someone during a reply to his question.

This is going to be a keeper for sure.

Great work to all who made this site possible.

Dennis Hamilton
    Denny in Waco Ohio

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well said Dennis! I followed the splendid Fred Langa for years and moved to Windows Secrets when he 'sold out' (and then, thankfully, rejoined ). For us old WS followers the advantages of joining in with Woody's folk can only be mutually beneficial. The wisdom of WS combined with the vast knowledge of Woody's Lounge will be great for the future. Thanks to all involved in this first class venture and for the hard work put in to get this far, as we say in the UK "All strength to your elbow(s)"

Mike

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have to agree on the excellent effort put in on this and thanks to all. I still have some old email files tucked away from the "Langa List" - going back I guess as far as when I ran '95, and after that Win2k. Incredibly valuable information, and I was glad when Fred came back on board. I wonder if he knows just how much all his time was appreciated.

Now with the current WS and Brian, Woody etc - what a great outfit. Every issue I learn something and yet the problem is remembering it all! Despite initially running Win since 3.11 Workgroups back in 1996 I still regularly realize how little I still know on some aspects. Having over the last many years spent a lot (way too much!) time on forums I am not sure how much I can spend here but it will be very tempting.
    Ain't technology wonderful - until it goes wrong!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brook View Post
    Well said Dennis! I followed the splendid Fred Langa for years and moved to Windows Secrets when he 'sold out' (and then, thankfully, rejoined ).
    Does "following Fred" include riding your motorcycle around the country? You must have used a lot of vacation time on that journey.
    Those who do not study the past.........might be history.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Another long time Fred Langa groupie here. I think most of the stuff I have learned, I've learned from Fred and Windows Secrets.

My computing expertise is probably newbie compared to most of you, but I know just enough to be dangerous.

Looking forward to gaining more knowledge.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Another Fred "groupie" here, as has probably been said many a time, he taught me all I knew about Win 95. More importantly he, Ws and Brian drew less mainstream but incredibly useful apps and procedures to my attention.

All hail to the heroes and long may it continue

New Lounger
    Thanks

I've enjoyed Fred Langa's newsletters for longer than I care to admit. His knowledge and advice has been priceless to me over the years. I like the way Windows Secrets has grown, & look forward to this newest resource. Thanks to all involved!