New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all!
    Recently upgraded an older Gateway Solo laptop for my god-daughter that's using a PCMCIA card for wireless-g networking. I found a usb wireless dongle that I think might get better range and just work better overall, but the pc is old enough that it only has usb 1.1 ports; upgrading these is not an option I care to pursue. So I wanted to see if anyone here might know if using the usb 2.0 wireless adapter in the legacy port would be worth the effort.

Appreciate any input...
    "I never make the same mistake three times...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Farley View Post
    Hi all!
    Recently upgraded an older Gateway Solo laptop for my god-daughter that's using a PCMCIA card for wireless-g networking. I found a usb wireless dongle that I think might get better range and just work better overall, but the pc is old enough that it only has usb 1.1 ports; upgrading these is not an option I care to pursue. So I wanted to see if anyone here might know if using the usb 2.0 wireless adapter in the legacy port would be worth the effort.

Appreciate any input...
    I tried a USB 2 wireless adaptor on an old Dell running XP home with only USB 1.1 port and apart from the "this device is USB 2 can perform faster" warning...it functioned ok and couldnt see any difference in speed or range from the PC wireless caed I originally used.