New Lounger
    Thanks
    On my Win 7 (cleanly installed) laptop, despite attempts to personalize new themes or adopt a Windows Aero theme, my screen saver would not start, although it would run in preview. The problem is apparently my wireless mouse. When attached, the screen saver will not start. When removed, it works as configured.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows 7 is lacking in legacy drivers. So, if it's an older mouse, check and see if there are any new drivers for it. If not, maybe it's time to retire it!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You have probably hit on the cause; the wireless mouse. The system detects the communication between your mouse and receiver and treats it as "activity". Thus, the screensaver isn't launched. There was at least one discussion here quite some time back about this problem and to be honest I don't know if a resolution was offered. I have a Logitech MS Revolution (wireless, laser) and this does not pose a problem. But some do. Microsoft wireless mice seem (some models) to be more guilty than others. Would you happen to be using a Microsoft Mouse?
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000. I presumed, since the system recognized it and reported it was installing drivers, that they would work properly. I then downloaded Win7 Intellipoint software specific for that mouse, and that seems to have fixed it. The Screen Saver does kick in.