New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a problem with system coming out of sleep or hibernate. The system will freeze. No mouse movement or keyboard function. Only recourse is to reboot machine.
    I also have to set task bar not to auto hide in order for system to come back to life after monitors shut off. I'm using Windows 7 pro build 7600. I have found this to be a problem on all discussion groups. Even Microsoft's site but no one has an answer so far. I have all the settings set so not to go into sleep or hibernate and all is well but would like to use the features.
    I have a HP 6600f machine that originally came with Vista.
    I have not had this problem with any other operating system. I have the system on a removable drawer so I can take out the hard drive and replace with whatever operating system I wish to use.
    I am using 32 bit system, 3GB ram and have an Nvidia 9500 video card which I have updated the drivers just yesterday to no avail.
    Also, I have updated through HP on all their Windows 7 stuff.
    Help..! ';0)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    This may be something to do with your HP machine - or with one of the supplementary applications that you are running. You can try selectively unloading background applications to see what may be interfering.

After several months of Win7, it takes the least time to resume from hibernation - as opposed to Vista & XP - and has posed no issues. Sleep I have not used since hibernation became available.
    Grüße

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you using a wireless mouse? I had a similar problem after upgrading to Win 7. When I checked device manager, Windows was using a generic driver for my Microsoft wireless mouse, instead of the specific Microsoft 3000 mouse driver. I downloaded file from Microsoft that contained drivers for a multitude of wireless devices and installed a new driver. Problem solved.
    Sorry I can't give you more specifics, but I'm away from home for a few days and I am doing this from my iPhone.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You might check with HP about a bios update. I was having a similar problem (mine would give me the dreaded BSOD) with my machine (home built Asus MB) and they issued a new version of their bios which fixed the problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Edwin,

I had the very same symptoms and solved them with a mysterious means:
    Uncheck all boxes concerning power management in Intel Gigabit Network Connection window. It is not easy to find this windows. My menus are written in French and it won't help you if I describe them.
    Try to find the window on the left in the drawing (easy), then the window on the right (not easy) and uncheck the boxes.
    I hope it will help.

Edit : unable to joint picture; If more pictures needed just say so.

Picture loaded at http://rapidshare.com/files/316392526/Capture.PNG.html

MD5 4AF77225C32C154F16638469CFA9662D

Administrator
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the link. I am going to try it. My problem with crashing on waking was not with the mouse drivers as some have suggested.

Thanks
    THANK YOU, Joe. I was seriously considering returning a newly purchased computer that was presenting symptoms similar to those described in the KB. I was convinced that it was a hardware fault. I am now going to wait to see if your great find is the answer to my problem.

Now this is what the Lounge is all about... factual information simply presented, and not (as so elegantly stated by another Lounger) the self-opinionated drivel seen in some threads.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    I had the same problem, until I adjusted the Power Settings to high performance, from Balanced. Now the laptop goes to sleep and when I touch the power button it comes alive like it is supposed to.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)