Thanks
    My signature avatar has disappeared.

I have tried to reinstall it but can not.

All I saw there was a square box with a red X next to my name.

Is there a problem with animated avatars as part of our signatures?

Had it there for a long time.

Please reply.
    Catz

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    For me, it looks like your problem has already been fixed. If not, then try posting again to this thread.
    Grüße

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Wagner View Post
    For me, it looks like your problem has already been fixed. If not, then try posting again to this thread.
    Thank you Malcolm for your reply.

The part of my signature that is missing is the small meowing cat I used to have that was next to my name at the bottom of my post.

Some how it no longer appears and it is very puzzling as to why.

I have a copy of it in my picture folder but I am not sure as to how to put it next to my signature.

It does not have a URL.

When I try to put it there, there is only a limited amount of options to use and I can't seem to find a way to put an object next to my name.

Hope I am making some sort of sense?
    Catz

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    There were problems for all of us in the transition with signatures - largely because this was a feature in the old Software that the conversion software did not understand. At the moment, folks have to link to online resources, and that does not address folks like you that have the images right at hand on their hard drives.

I know there is a team working on customisation issues, so I have asked them to give me a better idea of how pictures in signatures slots into the various plans. That should make giving you something clearer possible. For now, it's not really possible - unless you were thinking of using the old "kitty" smilie as a short-term fix or the old "catty" smilie (which probably isn't a nice as yours) .

To use either of these, you need to paste http://www.wopr.com/S/kitty.gif or http://www.wopr.com/S/catty.gif into the address box for insert image in your signature editing.
    Grüße

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Wagner View Post
    There were problems for all of us in the transition with signatures - largely because this was a feature in the old Software that the conversion software did not understand. At the moment, folks have to link to online resources, and that does not address folks like you that have the images right at hand on their hard drives.

I know there is a team working on customisation issues, so I have asked them to give me a better idea of how pictures in signatures slots into the various plans. That should make giving you something clearer possible. For now, it's not really possible - unless you were thinking of using the old "kitty" smilie as a short-term fix or the old "catty" smilie (which probably isn't a nice as yours) .

To use either of these, you need to paste http://www.wopr.com/S/kitty.gif or http://www.wopr.com/S/catty.gif into the address box for insert image in your signature editing.
    Thank you very much Malcolm.

I made a copy of both URL's and I am keeping them is a safe place.

This made my day.

The kitty running back and forth is cute, but I have a feeling there are some on the forum that might find it annoying if some one added it to their signature.

PS How did you get the old kitty pic from the wopr?

I thought that site was no more.

I thought of going to wopr hoping I could get the original and using gifworks to color it orange like the wise guy cat I have for my large avatar.

I'm always open to learn new things, even at 67.

Thanks again.
    Catz

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Catz View Post
    .......PS How did you get the old kitty pic from the wopr?......
    The reason you can see all the old smilies in the older posts is that there is an indirectly accessible list of all the older smilies available. One of the ways of accessing the list is to use the browser page available in the zip file attached to this post. HTH
    Grüße