New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a web page that I created and edit with Frontpage 2000. I originally created this several years ago using IE6. When I upgraded to IE7 and then IE8, I could no loger edit the web site from inside the browser using the Edit button. The edit button is greyed out. I can still edit the page online from inside IE6. This works by opening Frontpage, impoting the web page to Frontpage, making changes, and saving. This saves it back to the server. I have talked to MS techs numerous times and they still haven't come up with a solution. I would like to get rid of IE6 but keep it on one compter just to edit the web page I use Firefox on that computer for any other browsing. Does anyone know of a solution

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I think the problem is that you have gone oast the "Sell by Date" with Frontpage 2000 due to the withdrawal of the Service Pack Releases and the Support for the product offered by Microsoft

Office XP Professional with FrontPage Service Pack 3

Service Pack Support Retired - 9th March 2004

Internet Explorer 7 Release - 18th October 2006

A lot of the forums have mentioned your exact problem of "Contact Microsoft" but of the ones I have visited nobody has had a response from them, I think you are fighting a losing battle as there will be no hard code fix for this just work arounds as you have suggested in your OP.
    Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Jezza I think you are right. I have been trying this for 2 years or more. But it still works with IE6 so I will contnue as I am now

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Gerald, I know this is a work around but have you considered installing IE6 and IE7 on the same machine?
    Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Porche View Post
    When I upgraded to IE7 and then IE8, I could no loger edit the web site from inside the browser using the Edit button. The edit button is greyed out.
    If you change the "view source" viewer/editor to FrontPage, does that help? I'm not sure about the saving back to the server part... See: How to Change Default View Source Editor (HTML Viewer) in IE8 My Digital Life. (I haven't tried it myself.)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Didn't want to go through installing IE6 and IE7 on same machine. I run IE8 on the Vista machine. I'll just continue as is since I don't use the XPmachine very much.