Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm curious as to how easy it'll be to convert my VBA used with different apps to use on 64bit Win7. Any comments/ideas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You shouldn't encounter any issues with VBA running on a 64-bit version of Windows 7. I've been running complex Office apps with extensive VBA code and automation on both Windows 2008 Server and a beta version of Win7 for the better part of a year with no problems. And much of the internal testing at MS is done on 64 bit platforms as I understand it.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Doherty View Post
    I'm curious as to how easy it'll be to convert my VBA used with different apps to use on 64bit Win7. Any comments/ideas?
    The version of WINDOWS will probably make little difference, unless you are doing very strange things with kernel.dll

The versions of your APPLICATIONS may make a big difference, for example if you are also moving from Office 2003 to Office 2007.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WendellB View Post
    You shouldn't encounter any issues with VBA running on a 64-bit version of Windows 7. I've been running complex Office apps with extensive VBA code and automation on both Windows 2008 Server and a beta version of Win7 for the better part of a year with no problems. And much of the internal testing at MS is done on 64 bit platforms as I understand it.
    Thank you Wendel and Stuart ...

So, I gather then, if I finish converting all DOS apps to Office 2007 Access and Excel using VBA before I convert, I should be okay, even for my older stuff?

Al