Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ]Hi All
    I have an application that is distributed to most of our users, I have a phone number field that I have setup to work with the auto dialer This works fine until I compile for distribution. I have tried including references to utility.accda, in the frontend, back end and in the installer script all to no success. When I look at the installed app directory utility.accda is present but the auto dialer doesn't work. Any ideas?
    thanks, code follows
    Doug.


    Private Sub Phone_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
    On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click
    Dim L As Integer
    Me.Phone = "1 " & Me.Phone


    Application.Run "utility.wlib_AutoDial", Me.Phone

    L = Len(Me.Phone)
    Me.Phone = Right(Me.Phone, L - 2)

    Exit_Command0_Click:
    Exit Sub

    Err_Command0_Click:
    Resume Next
    Resume Exit_Command0_Click

  2. #2
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    did I stump even HansV with this one?

  3. #3
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    I'm sorry, I don't have Access 2007 and I have no experience with autodialers.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Evergreen, CO, USA
    Posts
    6,623
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 60 Times in 60 Posts
    I have Access 2007, but have never used an autodialer, and never tried to prepackage it with the Access 2007 runtime. The only suggestion I can make is that you may have an issue with the version of autodialer. I see that kind of problem trying to use the runtime with older versions of other apps. And debugging in that situation is a bear. I've found the best way to get around it is to always develop in an older version and then deploy.
    Wendell

  5. #5
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks,
    I'm beginning to think it may not be possible without third party addins..

  6. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Mt Macedon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,993
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 45 Times in 44 Posts
    I have similar code in an application- although I suspect it is never actually used.
    It compiles OK without adding any references. but I don't distribute it via the runtime.

    Instead of actually changing the stored phone number, then fixing it later you can use as string variable

    Dim strPhoneNumber as string
    strPhoneNumber = "1" & me.Phone
    ' remove any spaces entered in the phone number
    strPhoneNumber = replace(strPhoneNumber," ","")
    Application.Run "utility.wlib_AutoDial", strPhoneNumber
    Regards
    John



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •