Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    over the last few weeks as im browsing my pc i have had an installer appear randomly throughout the use of my laptop. it states installing something then disappears and pops up again another random time.

    I installed the windows install cleanup to find the problem but this just shows the installations on the laptop

    so i viewed the event log as soon as it happened and found out what was trying to install an EA Download manager from a game installation a while back and another EA file

    i re-opened the Windows Install Cleanup and uninstalled anything that was EA related.

    however i still get the random installation from the other other EA file, but there is nothing in the installation parts now.

    how can i fix this?

  2. #2
    Uranium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,684
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Welcome to the Lounge.

    Try this.... Go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs> EA Download Manager and uninstall it.

    You might also want to take a look at this thread, second post.
    <IMG SRC=http://www.wopr.com/w3tuserpics/DocWatson_sig.gif>

  3. #3
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    unfortuntly there is nothing in the add/remove program from EA as i removed them before this started to happen... its whats troubling me... anyuthing in the registry that coudl trigger this?

  4. #4
    Uranium Lounger viking33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    6,308
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Gent View Post
    unfortuntly there is nothing in the add/remove program from EA as i removed them before this started to happen... its whats troubling me... anyuthing in the registry that coudl trigger this?
    If you don't already have it, download this great utility that gives you a definitive look at all startups. You may have some remnants of those old installs in there.
    Check it carefully. You can just disable entries or delete them. Disable is much safer since you can always go back and enable them if it causes any trouble.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx AUTORUNS by Sysinternals.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif


    Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

  5. #5
    Uranium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,684
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Did you follow the link that tells you how to delete the EA Download Manager cache ??
    <IMG SRC=http://www.wopr.com/w3tuserpics/DocWatson_sig.gif>

  6. #6
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok thanks guys ill try both

  7. #7
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWatson View Post
    Did you follow the link that tells you how to delete the EA Download Manager cache ??
    yes i tried the link you shown me and unfortuntly there is just an empty folder in the folder where it points to the cache

  8. #8
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viking33 View Post
    If you don't already have it, download this great utility that gives you a definitive look at all startups. You may have some remnants of those old installs in there.
    Check it carefully. You can just disable entries or delete them. Disable is much safer since you can always go back and enable them if it causes any trouble.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx AUTORUNS by Sysinternals.
    already have this program and tried that route :-( nothing in the startup that points to this :-(

  9. #9
    Uranium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,684
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    You might try reinstalling the game in question and then uninstalling it.
    <IMG SRC=http://www.wopr.com/w3tuserpics/DocWatson_sig.gif>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •