Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    As some around these parts will know, I'm a big music buff and I have a question. Does anyone know what, if any, problems there might be with the old 1968 Dion song "Abraham Martin and John?"

I'd like to BUY a copy of that song for old time's sake and can't find it anywhere - including iTunes, Amazon and other places that sell legit MP3 songs. I've even come across a couple of places that list individual songs in an album for purchase, but THAT song is greyed out and can't be purchased. What's the deal? Is there some "rights" problem that's not publicized?

Oh yeah, there are LOTS of "covers" of the song but none is to my liking as well as Dion's original version. Any tips, trails or otherwise?

Lurker
    Thanks
    Here in Europe we have Spotify , a sort of improved version of iTunes .

They give this link ; hope it works for you :-

http://fr.7digital.c...ohn?partner=678

Anthony

OOps , sorry , it's a French website ; hope you're multilingual .

PPS: site is clean on my LinkExtend site advisor.

Thanks
    I was searching Dion's website - and the song names are all invisible![attachment=86910:loungescreenshot.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Lurker
    Thanks
    The first link I gave you was to the French version of the webpage and the Dion song you want ; if you scroll down to the bottom you can choose your country .

I could not find it on the USA page , but here it is in English on the UK page . It seems to be a UK released album , so I don't know if it will play in the USA , what with music rights and all that .

http://www.7digital.com/artists/dion/dion/

Anthony

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Wells View Post
    The first link I gave you was to the French version of the webpage and the Dion song you want ; if you scroll down to the bottom you can choose your country .

I could not find it on the USA page , but here it is in English on the UK page . It seems to be a UK released album , so I don't know if it will play in the USA , what with music rights and all that .
    There must be something going on with that song in the USA! On either the UK or French page, there is a link for USA but when I follow it, the SONG is nowhere to be found (so far). I'm still clicking and clacking. Thanks for the links.

Thanks
    [media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3dHvYB5JdSs[/media]

Found a few versions on you tube such as the one above.

You could try downloading it and burning it to a CD/DVD and see if the quality of the tune is to your liking.
    Catz