New Lounger
    Thanks

Cool

In converting 4 computers for my small business to Windows 7 the biggest problem I had was finding compatible wireless adaptors. The first step was to upgrade all of the built in adaptors to the latest drivers. My Dell laptop worked right away after I installed the new driver. My two desktops did not work since the wireless adaptors were too old and not compatible. I tried the latest drivers but they were both flaky and dropped out at very inoportune times. After an extensive Internet search I found the TEW-649UB and decided to give them a try. Great! Instant connect, Home Network, password and a fully functional network with any level of sharing I desire. Easiest network setup I have ever done. Do not use the included software. Download the Windows 7 software from Trendnet's site, load it first and after it finishes insert the USB type adapter. The third desktop was a direct ethernet connect and also required a driver update before it was stable and reliable.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!!

Drivers are usually the most contentious items in an upgrade. Thanks for posting your experience.

Joe