Thread: Printer on 7

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Kyocera Mita CS 1810 printer. We just upgraded to 7. My tech installed a new motherboard, then he had to add a USB to the motherboard to replace the old printer plug. Now, the printer only operates intermittantly. He thinks the problem is the usb connection. Any thoughts, or do I just remove the printer?

Does this board notify to responses by e-mail? Or not?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Do you get error messages? Does the printer show as online? It certainly could be the USB connection. Did you have him double check everything?

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, he checked every thing several times. He went to the Kycera site and we found no curent information on the CS 1810 or the KM 1810 printer.

We suspect the problem is in the USB to printer connection. I will probably toss the printer as it no longer reliable. Tommorrow I will contact the printer tech and ask him to contact Kycera Mita for solutions to our problem

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman View Post
    I have a Kyocera Mita CS 1810 printer. We just upgraded to 7. My tech installed a new motherboard, then he had to add a USB to the motherboard to replace the old printer plug. Now, the printer only operates intermittantly. He thinks the problem is the usb connection. Any thoughts, or do I just remove the printer?

Does this board notify to responses by e-mail? Or not?
    Are you saying that this NEW mother board did NOT have any USB port built in?
    If so, it must be a very OLD or very cheap board.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Are you saying that this NEW mother board did NOT have any USB port built in?
    If so, it must be a very OLD or very cheap board.

The new mother board, Intel boxdg41rqlga775 g41 does have a USB, it does not have a connection for the old style of connection. My guy installed a new cable w/the USB connection , similar to this http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=913&sku=16899. We are not sure the USB cord is cabable of carrying all the info to the printer. I did not get a chance to contact my printer guy today. I would like to keep the Kyocera, it is faster than my other printers and is less expensive to operate.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes, These "RS-232 serial port to USB" very seldom ever work right.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I contacted my printer tech, who then contacted Kyocera. I am up the proverbial creek w/o a paddle. There is no factory support, no drivers available. But they are willing to sell me a new printer. I think I will gently take the printer, which I just spent $500.00 for the 100,000 copy service, out to the wood pile and see how many small pieces are inside the printer. My tool of choice will be the light 8 # maul.

Thanks for the help.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you saying your printer ONLY has a RS-232 serial connection??
    Have you considered adding a PCI RS-232 Serial Card to computer??
    See Google search
    You still may have a driver issue with printer. If you can locate XP or higher driver, should/could work on w7 compatible.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Liepke View Post
    Are you saying your printer ONLY has a RS-232 serial connection??
    Have you considered adding a PCI RS-232 Serial Card to computer??
    See Google search
    You still may have a driver issue with printer. If you can locate XP or higher driver, should/could work on w7 compatible.
    I believe what 'Fireman' was saying is that he is using a parallel port adaptor for printers not RS-232. as Below.

6ft USB to DB25 IEEE-1284 Parallel Printer Adapter Cable.

But your correct in thinking he would be better off if he could add a PCI Parallel Port Card to computer.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman View Post
    I contacted my printer tech, who then contacted Kyocera. I am up the proverbial creek w/o a paddle. There is no factory support, no drivers available. But they are willing to sell me a new printer. I think I will gently take the printer, which I just spent $500.00 for the 100,000 copy service, out to the wood pile and see how many small pieces are inside the printer. My tool of choice will be the light 8 # maul.

Thanks for the help.

If there are no updated drivers available for the printer, even if you could resolve the connection issue, there is a good chance it would not operate correctly with Win 7. You did not mention, did the tech guy see if there are any drivers for Vista. These may work with Win 7 as well. Can't you transfer the $500 to a new printer?
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Lounger
    Thanks
    A belated thank you for those that responded. There are no drivers available for the printer. But, I contacted Mayday, the local women and children shelter. They were very happy to receive the printer, the CD, and the extra cartirdge I had. I even made sure the paper drawer was full. the printer works on their computer network. I am now using a Brother MFC as my main printer.

Thanks
    Are these the specs to your printer?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.