Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 60.00%
  • No

4 40.00%
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to see a topic on VMware virtualization. Anyone else interested?
    Tony Shoemaker

New Lounger
    Thanks
    And not just VMware either. I also have an interest in Xenserver, Virtual Box and MS Virtual Server.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    And not just VMware either. I also have an interest in Xenserver, Virtual Box and MS Virtual Server.
    A general "virtualization" forum would certainly be of more interest than one that only covered VMWare. We could also include discussions of Windows 7 XP mode (which uses MS Virtual Server).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Agreed. As there are several virtualization platforms available, a top level forum with the title virtualization with several sub-topics for each virtualization platform would be nice. I was biased with VMware since we use this product.
    Tony Shoemaker

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shoemaker View Post
    Agreed. As there are several virtualization platforms available, a top level forum with the title virtualization with several sub-topics for each virtualization platform would be nice. I was biased with VMware since we use this product.
    It would be nice to see the Virtual Systems combined in a discussion so that we can see what can work in what way, for example: What works best on Windows, what works on Linux, or can Linux support more instances of Virtual PCs, or can Windows be enabled to support more instances of Virtual PCs. Whats the minimum for setting up various configs , all that sort of info.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shoemaker View Post
    I would like to see a topic on VMware virtualization. Anyone else interested?
    Only 4 yes votes in two weeks is not exactly a flood.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I like the idea of a general Virtualization forum - and add Hyper-V to the topic mix, as well as various VDI and app virtualization products.