Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    MS Outlook is SOooo bulky, I was thinking of going with thunderbird, what is everyone using?
    " Even a broken clock is right twice a day. "

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Gundy View Post
    MS Outlook is SOooo bulky, I was thinking of going with thunderbird, what is everyone using?
    Different strokes for different folks. I have always loved Outlook even from its earliest days. On Windows 7 I'm running Outlook 2010 Beta 2 and like it nearly as much as 2007. I also have Windows Mail up and running as well. I personally don't like "online" mail clients. I can send/receive my Gmail account via Outlook without having to open a browser.

Not including a mail client in Windows 7 was a major 'faux pas', IMHO, despite all the pressure from the EU, et al. Apple includes one, all the Linux distros include one, why was Microsoft singled out on this issue along with browsers, media players, etc... SILLINESS!
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I used to use Outlook 2007, but since my ISP switched to Google Apps for its email I generally use Firefox now to access email. If it was not for the switch I would still be using Outlook.

If you are going to switch to Thunderbird you may want to wait a little while, Thunderbird 3 is due to be released in the near future. Though no date has been set for the release, Thunderbird 3 is in the final testing phase prior to release, with release candidate 2 being made available a few days ago.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook is overkill for most people. It has lots of great features for an office environment, but for just straight personal email I use Thunderbird. I use Outlook at work with an Exchange Server, and we can share contacts, schedule meetings and rooms, and setup server side filtering rules so the mail is sorted before you even open your Outlook in the morning.

Anyway, I like both apps, just depends on your needs!

NH

New Lounger
    Thanks
    We currently use Outlook 2007 in the office. As Nathan H stated it "has lots of great features for an office environment".

Personally, I like to use web based email. Since I am a Comcast subscriber I use their web based email. I also make use of Google mail.
    Tony Shoemaker

Lounger
    Thanks
    Pegasus Mail.....

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Pocomail. It's a very versatile e-mail client.
    --- Rich

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook 2007. I'm an Outlook junkie, really like the Calendar integration, but I am running it on a laptop w/4 GB RAM, since it is a resource hog.

Thanks
    Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail

Ken
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thunderbird is a nice replacement for Outlook Express and works great in my 3 computers running Win7. Have used it in XP-Pro and Vista also.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I can only agree with what has already been mentioned.
    Poco Mail, Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail.
    I've used Poco Mail for a long time and liked it a lot, but stopped when it came time to purchase a newer version. That's when I switched to Mozilla Thunderbird along with Windows Live.
    A nice feature about Windows live is that you can install the application on your desktop and download your messages or you can access the application directly on the internet.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm still using Eudora, but will probably switch to Outlook soon. It's a shame they stopped developing Eudora, but maybe "Penelope", the Thunderbird version of it, will be better than raw Thunderbird. I use MS Office a lot, so the better integration will help.

Gmail is my email ISP, but webmail is way too slow for me to use as my main client. Gmail/GApps is a great email host though, if you're having problems elsewhere--I switched all our company email there a year ago and it's been very solid and less painful.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using "Windows Live" Mail, works OK for me, and my wife likes it also, too.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thx to all
    " Even a broken clock is right twice a day. "

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Still stuck on OE. It's simple and it works. When I eventually migrate to Windows 7 I'll probably take the leap to gmail.

Jeff

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast