View Poll Results: Let's Start Using Windows 7 Now!

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Way!

0 0%
  • As soon as Possible!

6 42.86%
  • Waiting for at least 3 months

0 0%
  • Waiting for at least 6 months

5 35.71%
  • Waiting for at least 1 year

2 14.29%
  • Until the first service pack is released

1 7.14%
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    We have been testing Windows 7 in our environment since the last beta release and have been very pleased with performance and reliability. I'm curious to know if businesses are ready to push Windows 7 out to their users. Typically, we have waited well over a year before pushing out the latest OS to our users.
    Tony Shoemaker

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    We will move to Win7 when PCs are replaced unless there is some overriding reason.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I too have been using it since beta. I think it's a huge leap in the right direction for MS...almost equivalent to the 98 to Windows XP switch. I work in the IT dept. at my company and have been looking at a road map of 2011 or late 2010 to upgrade from XP SP3 company wide. Most of IT right now is running 7 Enterprise which has been producing very solid results. The upgrade path was bleak until I realized that our Systems Management Solution (LANDesk) can handle this relatively pain free. So looking forward to it!

Ryan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shoemaker View Post
    We have been testing Windows 7 in our environment since the last beta release and have been very pleased with performance and reliability. I'm curious to know if businesses are ready to push Windows 7 out to their users. Typically, we have waited well over a year before pushing out the latest OS to our users.
    Being a small charity, we cannot afford to replace our entire set of PCs simultaneously. We might be able to add memory to many/most of the current ones, to enable them to run Windows 7 Pro 'adequately'. But the introduction of SBS 2008 Premium Edition with one 64-bit server and one 32-bit server is taking priority. I can't see us going to Windows 7 before the end of 2010. XP just works too well for us to be able to give many advantages for switching...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan B. View Post
    ..... I think it's a huge leap in the right direction for MS...almost equivalent to the 98 to Windows XP switch.....
    Ryan
    I'd go further: it's better than 98 to XP. Windows XP had a lot of teething problems - particularly hardware and software incompatibility- I switched back to 98SE at least twice. It needed SP1 to sort things out.

Windows 7 is a breath of fresh air. I've been using it on two machines since the Beta and I've had zero problems since RTM. For the first time ever MS have produced an OS which is lighter than its predecessor and runs better and faster on the same hardware. It's outstanding and has stopped my migration to the Mac dead in its tracks.

Well done Microsoft - but not before time.

http://www.mistywindow.com/software/...c_linux_1.html
    Alan Vallis
    http://mywitsend.co.nz

Thanks
    I work in a mixed environment and recently deployed 50 win 7 machines. other than the usual nonsense it was fairly easy.

Ken J
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We're looking to deploy 7 next year. Provided everything we have is compatible, but so far it seems rock solid. Unless you have a real compatibility issue, it doesn't make a lot of sense to stay with XP if you are deploying new machines.
    Chuck

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    My company is nearing the end of the process of switching tens of thousands of desktops from 2000 to XP, I don't expect to see Windows 7 at work for some time.