Lounger
    Thanks

Roaming Profiles

I'm about to embark on a project to set up roaming profiles for our 17 users. I failed miserably last year and got into a terrible muddle, eventually finding out you couldn't mix NT4 with ordinary W95 on the workstations. Now the workstations are all W98, I'm going to try again. Any gems or tips I should know about?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Roaming Profiles

Using roaming profiles on NT workstations I ran into a small problem with each users display settings. The wallpaper did not follow the user, instead it stayed with the PC. I also noticed that if the users were logging onto different PC's all the time a copy of their profile was downloaded onto the harddrive, where after a while became a issue with disk space. There is a setting in the resistry that will prevent this.

bharris2

Botto: Can you post the specific registry entry for preventing local copying of a roaming profile? Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsNTCurren tVersionWinlogon Edit or add value "DeleteRoamingCache" type REG_DWORD. Set it to 1

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a lot - every bit of information/experience helps! I'll let you know how I get on!