New Lounger
    Thanks

Time Sheet (Access 97)

I would like a file that acts like a punch clock. The emloyees would be listed in one table. There would be a form showing one sign-in item, where the person would only enter his or her employee number. The underlying forms, tables, etc. would record the date and time; and automatically determine if it was an "In" or an "Out". A timekeeper could then go in and pull off daily, weekly, and monthly reports, either by individual, or for everyone. Is there such a thing? Where would one get it? I want to use it in a school setting where students come and go freely, sometimes a dozen times a day.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Time Sheet (Access 97)

I have written a similar application, which acts like a time clock, to record the work hours for employees (by EmployeeNumber) in a factory environment. It has reports which tally the employee times. The client could not find a product that did this without a lot of other, unneeded functions, at a reasonable price. If you want some assistance developing this, post back.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes - I'm curious. This would be used in a school setting.
    Al

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's a fairly straight-forward application, nothing fancy. The time clock form remains on the screen on the factory floor. When a employee enters or leaves the environment, they enter their EmployeeNumber and the application creates a time-stamped activity record (either Time In or Time Out). The manager has the ability to run reports on Employee Time. It replaced thier physical time clock (with punch cards), which many employees had difficulty completing on a consistent basis. Now the manager does not have to do all the summing (and chasing around for imformation). Will you be developing this? What else can I tell you to be helpful?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Thomas

You asked if I would be developing it. All I want is daily, weekly, and year-to-date total hours for school students. It sounds like your file does that. Is there a password so that students can't get in and change their times?

Al

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The application is not secured., which is not an issue in the environment that it is being used. It does total hours for a time range, but also has payroll data and functions, because the intention is not only to clock/total time, but deliver payroll data to another department. Sounds like you would need to develop a subset of this and apply security.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your efforts Thomas. I found a shareware (www.punch-clock.com) which may do what I want. I think I'll go from there, rather than having to create a subset of an Access DB. Thanks anyway!
    Al