New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sometimes large companies such as Wal-Mart will negotiate a lower price on electronics in exchange for providing all of the technical support issues that might arrise. In those cases, manufacturers often assign a unique model number that is not recognized by their company because they will not provide support for it. I believe this situation is what has happened to me on a HD LCD monitor I bought at Wal-Mart over a year ago. The manufacturer is Proview and the monitor worked stellar until I upgraded to Windows 7. Windows 7 keeps assigning a generic plug and play monitor driver that produces a totally white screen making it useless. I surfed over to the manufacturer's website (Proview) and looked for an updated driver. While product number of my monitor was in their database, the MODEL number was not so I could not find a driver. Wal-Mart.com also does not have a place for drivers and their customer support center didn't even understand what a driver was. They told me to go the the local store to pick one up. There are over 30 models on the proview site associated with my product number and I started with the first one just to see if something was campatible but it wasn't. I don't want to try every single driver hoping for something compatible but I have to think there is an EXACT model number at Proview that will work for this monitor. Does anyone know a way to find out what the corresponding "compatible" driver is for a product that has a model number not recognized by the manufacturer?

Thanks
    Match the specs (resolution, contrast ratio, refresh rate, etc.) for your monitor with one from the Proview site.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    My solution for a similar problem here was to force Windows 7 to install one of the generic Digital Flat Panel drivers that come with Windows, they go from 640x480x60Hz to 2560x2048x75Hz.

If you try by installing using an inf file from the manufacturer, it may fail anyway unless you modify the inf file to match your hardware id.