New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've got a problem with Win7 32-bit or 64 bit, the released version or the RC1 beta from last July. After installation, after I configure the machine as it was under XP, programs pinned to the task bar and items on the right-click menu on the task bar cease working. It works until I leave the machine overnight, then any taskbar related program will show that little box around the icon, it "throbs" and just stops throbbing after a few seconds. Right-clicking on the task bar brings up the wonted menu but clicking on an item produces an error message. Reinstalled XP and it works fine. Just tried 64-bit Win7 and am using it now -- only after a reboot. Help!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, so nobody responded to my plea for help. I tried a different power supply, a new motherboard, different memory, and finally a new processor. Bingo -- the new processor did the trick. I've never had a processor go bad before (and I've been personally computing since 1982), so this was a *real* surprise. Problem solved, all's well that ends well, I suppose, although I'm a little bit poorer for it.

Merry and Happy!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Wow!! I am not surprised that nobody could diagnose this remotely. Thank you for sharing the solution.