Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yep... you read it right. You can get Easeus Partition Master Pro 4.1.1 (formally named Partition Manager) for absolutely . The owner is giving it away as a Christmas Give-away. The link to download the file is near the bottom of the page. As of this writing, 8:13 pm EST 12/08/2009, the link is still active. How long it will remain active is unknown but it was supposed to be removed as of 1 pm CET (GMT+1).

As the old adage goes: If you snooze... you lose!!

Web offer and download here: Easeus Partition Master 4.1.1 - Free Christmas Give-away.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Thanks
    Thanks, Jeff - I keep on downloading Easeus in the presumption that I'm bound to need it some time!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Yep... you read it right. You can get Easeus Partition Master Pro 4.1.1
    Got it, thanks a bunch - I was a little behind at Version 2.0

I installed and I guess there is NO entering of a license or key, huh? Haven't tried it out yet, so if you (or someone else) do "commit" a change or two, a post would be nice.

Thanks again, Jeff!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc View Post
    Got it, thanks a bunch - I was a little behind at Version 2.0

I installed and I guess there is NO entering of a license or key, huh? Haven't tried it out yet, so if you (or someone else) do "commit" a change or two, a post would be nice.

Thanks again, Jeff!
    I have used it extensively on several computers (both XP and Vista platforms).
    In my humble opinion it is equal to (or better than) Partition Magic.
    AND it's FREE as you know already!

Darrell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks for this, as of right now its still running and as they are having probs replying to all the emails they have recieved you no longer need to fill out any forms, you can just dl the full free pro version.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's 9:55 pm EST and the offer is still up. They now have a direct link to the file and a key is not needed.
    The link is: http://www.4shared.com/file/16793159...eb7/epmp4.html
    What if your local back-up disks are stolen or damaged (fire, flood, earthquake)
    What are you going to do?
    LOCAL and OFFSITE back-up - the only true way to protect your data.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    The link is still good as of 5:55 am EST to get this PRO version for 100% free. No serial or registration required.

@BigAl... I've not tried it out personally since I don't have a need to use it at the moment. However, several reliables I know on other boards have tried this and make the same claim as Mr. Brookman " it is equal to (or better than) Partition Magic". The only complaint voiced by one user, who actually liked the program more than any other, said it took 45 minutes to move 3 gigs of data when resizing two partitions of 56 gigs. Other than the time element in moving the data it worked perfectly.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    BigAl... I've not tried it out personally since I don't have a need to use it at the moment. However, several reliables I know on other boards have tried this and make the same claim as Mr. Brookman " it is equal to (or better than) Partition Magic". The only complaint voiced by one user, who actually liked the program more than any other, said it took 45 minutes to move 3 gigs of data when resizing two partitions of 56 gigs. Other than the time element in moving the data it worked perfectly.
    Thanks Jeff. I too don't have anything "real" to do right now, but it's installed just in case. On my only work for the past year or so I've been using the Paragon product, but now I've got both onboard if I need...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Prior to this offer, I used the Home version of this product on a new netbook. This came with XP on a 160GB drive split into two equal partitions. I used Easeus to compact the System partition down to 15GB, then set up three more partitions for logical drives to match my other computers. I was amazed at how simple Easeus made it, mostly just mouse-dragging the sizes on the graph.

I'd tried earlier with the Paragon product, but it seemed unable to do anything - it kept telling me what I wanted to do wasn't possible. I must admit I didn't investigate deeply.

This was the first time I had tried resizing active partitions, and I must admit I was less than certain it would all work out - I thought I might have to reinstall using the recovery system (on it's own partition, which I left alone!). As I say, I was amazed at how trouble-free it was.

Chris

Thanks
    I've used partition managers regularly over the years. I'd recommend that you ALWAYS take an image backup prior. I have trashed my system a few times repartitioning!

One of the times was using Partition Magic, once with Paragon's software and once with Acronis Disk Director. Last time I used Easeus free product and did not have any problems.