Lounger
    Thanks
    In Settings, on the Settings tab, there's an option to "Edit your notes."

Where do we create our notes? In Firefox 3.5.5, I don't have that option on that screen:
    [attachment=87051:Edit_your_notes_screen.jpg]

What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy J. McGowan View Post
    What am I doing wrong?
    You are not doing anything wrong. This functionality is not working at the moment.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You're not doing anything wrong!

This feature is broken at the moment. It has already been reported, so we'll have to wait until it's repaired.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, StuartR and HansV.

FWIW, I did try to search for the issue before posting this -- obviously, too late at night! <G>

Edited to add: I have notifications turned on, but didn't get notification of either of your responses in this thread. Gremlins or stupid user tricks?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Edited to add: I have notifications turned on, but didn't get notification of either of your responses in this thread. Gremlins or stupid user tricks?
    Please have a look at http://bro.ws/768568L and check exactly what sort of notification you had enabled.

Lounger
    Thanks
    StuartR:

Thanks. I do have a check mark in the box labled "Automatically receive notifications about any thread you reply to." At this early hour in the morning, local time, I might not clearly remember when I established that preference, so I'm not going to worry about it right now.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Please click on Your notifications in the toolbar and look to see what kind of notification you have enabled for the threads you are interested in.

Lounger
    Thanks
    StuartR:
    Edit your notes - how to create first?
    Notification since 2009-12-09 09:09
    Type: Single e-mail notification (recommended) 6 53 2009-12-11 00:52
    By: StuartR
    You posted your last (previous to this) message in this thread more than ten minutes ago, and a couple of refreshes of my in-box doesn't produce anything. Of course, I'm not entirely sure what "Single e-mail notification (recommended)" means. If it means "once per day" rather than "once more after your last visit," then perhaps I shouldn't be holding my breath.

Brian Livingston
    "Single e-mail notification" is explained when the various options are presented for selection. It means that you will receive a single e-mail if a thread you're being notified of receives a new post more than 10 minutes after your last click in the Lounge. IBP has a slight disconnect here, because it should be, "any time after you last viewed that thread." This does not seem fixable unless a patch comes out from IPB. If you really need to see all replies, select "Multiple e-mail notification."

The missing edit feature is irritating. We've changed the tab to read Notes (not yet implemented) rather than Edit your notes. Also, the help text at the top of the pane now says, "Later in the beta, you'll be able to store text snippets or other information here." That's not pretty, and it should be cleaned up in the next round of redesign. But for now, at least this no longer says the feature is working.

Thans for reporting this.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    ...I'm not entirely sure what "Single e-mail notification (recommended)" means. If it means "once per day" rather than "once more after your last visit," then perhaps I shouldn't be holding my breath.
    10 or more minutes after your last click, you'll receive a single notification when there are new replies.

SO you won't get an email if you are active in the lounge
    AND you won't get a second notification if you have already had one about that thread

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you both! (And I got notification this time, FWIW.)