Thanks
    I'm working with Table Styles in 2007, I want to modify the Table Normal style, however I'm having trouble locating it.
    I can find the Table Grid style, which is based on Table Normal - but that's all.
    Am I missing something obvious?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Just wondering if you've ever been able to edit Table Normal style in any earlier versions - it's possible that the inability to edit the Table Normal style isn't new to Word 2007, but has been that way all along.

I'd never tried to edit the Table Normal style before, but just tried in Word 2002 - when I Show All styles in the Styles and Formatting pane all of the built-in table styles appear and are editable - except for Table Normal.

Gary

Thanks
    [attachment=87054:Word-Modifying the Table Normal Style.docx]

5 steps to get to the Table Normal style, only to discover that it can't be edited. Snort!
    However, you can make it the default style from here.

I can't remember if I ever wanted or did edit the Table Normal style in previous versions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Oops!

Coincidentally was just about to post back that it is possible to modify the Table Normal style in Word 2002, except it isn't really modifiable!
    fwiw:
    Styles and Formatting pane: Show > Custom
    In the Format Settings dialog, put a checkmark next to Table Normal and click OK.
    Table Normal now appears in the list of styles in the Styles and Formatting pane.
    However when you click on the dropdown arrow to the right, all options other than "Set As Default Table Style" are grayed out.

Gary

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I don't think you can modify table normal, although for a long time I thought you could because I saw so many messages on various forums telling people to do so. (This was before I decided to use table styles.) The default table style in W2007 is table grid. It is the same as table normal except for its grid. That's the one I usually modify.

Pam
    Pam Caswell