Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am currently using MS Office 2003 on Windows XP SP3. In all of the MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc...) my toolbars appear at the top of the screen in 3 rows, due to my having added the Avery toolbar add-in. I keep trying to shove the Avery toolbar up into the second row to compact the toolbars, but it allways reverts back to the third row when I reopen the application the next time. Is there a way to save the "custom" toolbar positions in each Office application?

Thank you!
    Don Liebman
    San Diego, CA 92115

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Office applications remember the position of built-in toolbars and of custom toolbars created by yourself.
    But the position of toolbars from add-ins is determined by those add-ins. If the add-in creates the toolbar anew each time you start the application, its position won't be remembered.
    You may be able to write code that repositions the toolbar; for example in Word you'd create a macro named AutoExec in Normal.dot for that purpose.

Thanks
    I wrote some code to store and re-apply toolbar positions in Outlook 2002-2003. (See [topic='340679']Locking toolbars? (XP)[/topic].) This is not directly transferable to Word because of a few idiosyncrasies in Outlook compared with other Office applications. However, it could be converted.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you both for your replies, and I understand the issue now.

I tried running the CBarSaveToXMLib macro, and received the following error:

Compile error: Syntax error

which pointed to the following statement =>

xmlChildElement.Text = CStr(cbar.Position) & "|" & CStr(cbar.RowIndex) & _

"|" & CStr(cbar.Top) & "|" & CStr(cbar.Left)

I am not experienced in working with XML, and am not sure if I am missing something basic in the environment.

Any additional help would be appreciated.

Thank you !
    Don Liebman
    San Diego, CA 92115

Thanks
    There shouldn't be a space between those lines. I think that is caused by the way the Lounge formats attached .txt files. Please make the code single spaced and try again.