New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an excel 2007 template with a very simple formula for calculating timeline dates.You input the beginning date near the top of the template and then the other dates just automatically calculate from that beginning date. When you first open the template ,dates automatically appear in the cells before you put in a beginning date and they are formatted as day, month date, 1900 (i.e. Saturday, January 00, 1900). Is there anyway I can have the template open without those dates already appearing in the cells? The reason I would want this is because now I have been asked to insert an additional column that will do the same thing based on a new beginning date and that new beginning date may be input anywhere in that new column and all of those dates that auto populate before the new date is put in can make the template look like the wrong dates were put in. I am inserting a draft of the template for you to look at, to help sort out some of this confusion. It's an .xlt, but I changed it to a .xlxs in order to upload it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could use formulas like this:

=IF(C8="","",C8)

This one is for E11, others would be similar.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Applying formula provided by Hans, I am getting a #value! error down E11 if C8 is blank. To avoid this, you can use

=IF($C$8="","",($C$8+A12))

in E12 and fill it down.

You can use same method for Adjusted Timeline Date Column.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Prasad

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks to both of you. I learned something new. I have never used an IF statement in a spreadsheet and your formula was a great improvement over my humble little attempt. I really appreaciate the help.