4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi loungers.....I encountered something yesterday that is rather strange....I opened a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 and none of the color was showing. I checked to make sure that all of the usual add-ins were there (they were), checked to make sure that I was using VIEW-NORMAL (I was).....the monitor displays color in other applications, on the screen-saver etc etc.....but the worksheet tabs and any colored cells were colorless.....any ideas? Is this an Excel problem (ie"color palette) or could it be a Windows issue (WIN XP Pro)? Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does the problem persist after quitting and restarting Excel? And after restarting Windows?
    Does it occur in a single workbook, or in all workbooks?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans...the problem does indeed persist after quitting and restarting Excel....and after restarting Windows......after shutting down completely and starting up....and in all workbooks....I can't color the tabs or any cells.....any ideas? Maybe a problem with the video card?..altho it does display colors in other applications (eg: in Adobe Reader etc etc)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for that Hans...it is a helpful article....I did some of the things suggested but am starting to think it is a video card problem or has something to do with the way the person adjusted their color palette..??....will keep at it and report back (with success hopefully). Thanks again

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello - Have you tried doing .... Tools/Options/Color/Modify/Standard/OK

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Problem solved, folks....thank you for your help/suggestions....the problem was solved by going to Control Panel-Accessability Options-Display tab and clearing the checkmark from the Use High Contrast field.........another little idea to keep in the back of our minds...).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dmcnab For This Useful Post:

Bernietnn (2011-04-22)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This tip saved me a lot of work. I had the same issue and found the fix for Windows 7 in Control Pannel-apperarence .../ease of access/make the computer easier to see.../turn off high contrast (after resetting it via the ALT+left SHIFT+PRINFT SCREEN).
    Only wasted a few days trying to see why I could not get color or fill in cells!!! Thanks.