4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I used Eudora for many, many years. One of the things I really liked was the way I could use filters to move incoming messages into folders. Each folder that got a message would automatically open. I had a lot of filters that made handling incoming mail much easier.

I have moved to Thunderbird. (Had to, out corporate email no longer would work with Eudora.) I can certainly write filters in Thunderbird. They are easier to write, easier to manage, and have many more options for managing email. However, if you use a filter to move an incoming message into a folder, the filter does not automatically open so I have to go hunting all my messages. That makes filters fairly useless to me.

Any suggestions?

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    I have moved to Thunderbird. (Had to, out corporate email no longer would work with Eudora.) I can certainly write filters in Thunderbird. They are easier to write, easier to manage, and have many more options for managing email. However, if you use a filter to move an incoming message into a folder, the filter does not automatically open so I have to go hunting all my messages. That makes filters fairly useless to me.
    Well, I've used TB filters ever since the product was first created and I don't know how to "share" your concern about it.

It doesn't seem possible for Thunderbird to know how to open a filtered folder, especially if you receive MULTIPLE messages via filters. It DOES however make those folders BOLD in my left message pane and I can then open that (those) folders and read the newly arrived messages which are also bold, indicating their "unread" condition.

Is that not acceptable to you? (see attachment)

[attachment=87076:2009-12-10_163500.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That works and it is what I am doing. However, I get tons of email every day and have well over 200 mailboxes with folder inside folders. Hunting for new messages takes time and is especially frustrating since Eudora used to do handle this so well that I did not have to hunt at all.
    Ronny Richardson

Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried - View - Folders - Unread ?