New Lounger
    Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
    My configuration: 2 laptops (wireless) (Win7 64-bit) and one desktop (wired) (Win7 32-bit) and network storage device (wired)(DLink DNS323). My router is a Linksys WRT310N gigabyte router.

Previously they were on one network named "Camden". I loaded Win7 on the desktop first. When I went to setup the network it named the network "network".
    When I installed Win7 on the two laptops it kept the network name "Camden". My laptops can "see" the desktop but when they try to access the files it requires a login, with ID and password, which I haven't got the foggiest about...

Should I just scrap all the setups in the computers, reset my router to "defaults" and start all over again? Can I?

The bunch work independantly, but I'd like to get them working together...

If computers were idiot proof, only idiots would use them....

Super Moderator
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Just rename your networks to "Camden".

This can be done in the Computer Properties pane, about have way down, "Change settings", then the Change button.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

North Carolina, USA
    Hi Peter,

Pleased to meet you!

I am making the assumption that you are referring to the Workgroup name of your home network, as shown on the Control Panel System page. All computers on your home network must be assigned the same Workgroup name. To change the Workgroup name on your desktop, or any of your machines for that matter, click on Control Panel > System, and look for the 'Change Settings' link beneath 'Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings' section. Click the 'Change settings' link, and then the 'Change' button on the System Properties Computer Name tab. Under 'Member of', be sure Workgroup is selected and not Domain. Change the Workgroup name back to 'Camden' and you should be in business.

A very easy way to set up your home network when all your computers are running Windows 7 is to use the Homegroup feature, which is only available in Windows 7. You can find Homegroup in Control Panel. There you can easily setup the sharing of libraries and printers, etc.

Hope this helps, and have a great day!

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill