4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all....I need some help....I often will make WORD docs that contain screen shots. When composing the document, I use VIEW-OUTLINE b/c it permits me to insert a screen shot and see it as I continue to work on the document. However, I am not able to 'see' the document with the screen shots exposed when I do a Print Preview.....so, I end up printing many drafts as I adjust the placement of the images to fit on the same sheet as corresponding text.....is there a particular view I need to use in order to be able to see a Print Preview that shows the full image(s)? Thanks....being able to solve this will save a lot of paper that I currently use 'testing' the appearance of my final document.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You should be able to see the document as it will be printed in Print Layout view and in print preview mode. If you don't see pictures there, you may have a problem with your video card/driver. Make sure that

1) The "Picture placeholders" check box in the View tab of Tools | Options is clear.
    2) You have the latest driver for your video card.

Further troubleshooting steps depend on your version of Windows.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans.....I had already checked on the things you mention....I can see an image in Print Preview but it is not the full image...it looks like a gray bar

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Which version of Windows do you have (XP, Vista, 7, ...)?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Also, what is your "Default Printer"?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hans and Dave...I am using WIN XP PRo, fully up to date...default printer is my normal HP OfficeJet 7400...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Try the following:
    - Activate the Display Properties control panel (for example by right-clicking an empty part of the Windows desktop and selecting Properties from the popup menu).
    - Activate the Settings tab.
    - Click Advanced.
    - Activate the Troubleshoot tab.
    - Drag the Hardware acceleration slider one or two notches to the left.
    - Click OK.
    - See if the pictures are displayed correctly in Print Layout and in Print Preview in Word.
    - If not, revisit the Troubleshoot tab (see above).
    - Drag the Hardware acceleration slider another one or two notches to the left.
    - Click OK.
    - See if the pictures are displayed correctly in Print Layout and in Print Preview in Word.
    - If not, you can drag the Hardware acceleration slider back to its original position.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Hans....I tried your suggestion....no difference...on the chance that I am not explaining myself properly, I am attaching a sample from a WORD doc. If you open the document in WORD, when you are in OUTLINE view, you will see the screen shot...in any other mode of VIEW, the screen shot is simply a gray bar.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The paragraph containing the screenshot has line spacing set to exactly 12 points. This means that the line can't expand to display the entire picture.

If you set the line spacing to at least 12 points or to single, you'll see the whole picture in all views. If you do this for the Normal style, it'll apply to the entire document. If you want to apply it only to the paragraphs containing pictures, I'd create a new style that has line spacing set to at least 12 points or to single, and apply this style to the relevant paragraphs.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Man, you're amazing.....that's exactly what I needed and it works like a charm....thank you so much.