Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [attachment=87147:WoodyMailMerge.jpg]

    Using Word 2007 SP2

    In Word 2007 im performing a mailmerge.

    On the merge the following error message displays for each record

    "A Field Calculation Error Occurred in record ", I click OK

    The result is performs the mail merge successfully (except the error message displaying)

    Ive checked the datafile and the data appears to be ok and clean

    Ive looked on the web. This microsoft article isnt applicable as I havent setup If statements.
    Its a straight forward simple merge

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/120278

    any ideas?

    diana
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    I don't think it's possible to say anything about this problem without seeing (suitably stripped copies of) the data source and the merge document.

  3. #3
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    apologies Hans I meant to attach the letter and data source i forgot.

    I looked at data source file - merge_data1. Record 2 in field "Address2" had data that contained an underscore as in "leve_2"
    Therefore I Saves As merge_data1 to merge_data2 and tidied up the data field.

    I performed the merge again and the same error message occured.

    I then Opened and Repaired all files ie merge data files & letter documents.

    Yesterday when I used the data source with the orginial letter or new documents created the error displayed.

    Today Ive tested using both data source files with new documents in both Word XP and Word2007 and successfully merged no errors.
    I then tested the orginial letter with both data sources and the error message displayed.

    so, yesterday my thoughts were theres something wrong with the data files.
    however today being a new day. The data files appear to be fine yet there appears to be something wrong with the orginal letter

    many thanks

    diana

  4. #4
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1 of 3 attachments. orginial letter file -

    [attachment=87165:CORRSDMS-#5229685-v1-merge_letter123.DOC]


    2 of 3 attachments. data source 1

    [attachment=87166:CORRSDMS-#5229350-v1-merge_data1.DOC]


    3 of 3 attachments. data source 2

    [attachment=87167:CORRSDMS-#5229350-v1-merge_data2.DOC]
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #5
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    The merge document appears to be corrupt. I get the same error that you report, but if I select the entire document except for the last character (the final paragraph mark) and copy/paste into a new document, the mail merge proceeds without errors.

  6. #6
    Bronze Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    many thanks Hans

    I had a feeling one of the docs were corrupt

    again, many thanks Hans

    diana

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •