New Lounger
    Thanks
    I synced my mobile device to my PC using the Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) in Windows 7. The area I'm addressing is located at:

Windows Device Mobile Center
    Mobile Device Settings
    Manage a Partnership
    If there is a conflict
    Pulldown: "Replace items on device" or "Replace items on desktop".

There is no longer a "Ask me if there is a conflict" choice that existed in ActiveSync which allows the user to decide if the version of the item in conflict should be saved on the PC/desktop or mobile device, thereby keeping the version of the item you want.

Scenario:
    So let's say I chose "Replace items on device". Then one evening I prepare for a meeting with a client by making some notes in their contact in Outlook 2007. I do not sync to my device (it's happened : ). The next morning I grab my PDA and leave.

Then, while out with the client I make some changes to their contact. I return home and sync my device and then find that all the changes I made while out were over-written by the version on the PC I had entered the evening before, because I had chosen "Replace items on device".

Recap: Because there was a different version on the PC than on the mobile device, WMDC uses the "replace items on device" setting and overwrites the contact changes I had made while out with the client.

With the feature of "Ask me if there is a conflict", I would see during the sync process that the item had a conflict. I could then go into the item on my PC, copy and paste the information to a sticky note, tell ActiveSync to overwrite the PC, and then go into the contact on my PC and paste the information I had written the prior evening into the contact. Now I have both the information I had entered in the evening before, and the information I had entered while out with the client.

Of course it is optimum to not create conflicts, but hey, that's not going to happen. Also, there are many other scenarios that create conflicts. WMDC has taken the power out of the users hands to decide what to do with that conflict.

Any suggestions on a fix for this?
    Reboot - that should fix it.

Thanks
    Just cruising around on the internet re this problem. I haven't found anything to suggest its' resolvable. I did find a suggestion to use a product called Intellisync in lieu of ActiveSync. I have never used this product so can not comment on it.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGenii View Post
    Just cruising around on the internet re this problem. I haven't found anything to suggest its' resolvable. I did find a suggestion to use a product called Intellisync in lieu of ActiveSync. I have never used this product so can not comment on it.
    Thanks for the reply. I checked out Intellisync and it appears to have been bought out by Nokia. I think they made it compatible on Nokia devices only. I'm almost ready to run out and buy the Droid and use the Google interface. I've used Windows Mobile since it's inception. Hard to believe they'd mess it up this badly. I can't risk losing data. Until I find the solution, I'm only changing data on the laptop and never change anything on the mobile device.
    Reboot - that should fix it.