New Lounger
    Thanks
    Strange as it may seem, I have always like Lotus Approach's tabs. These tabs are similar to what you would find in Excel's worksheets. Is there anyway to create this function in Microsoft Access?
    Thanks

Thanks
    When creating a form in access, there is the ability to create tabs on the form to better organize what the user is viewing. However, I am not sure this is what you are looking for.

When using excel, users typically try to group like sets of data in tabs. This can be done by grouping by fields in a query and displaying the results. HTH - but I am not sure this answers your question.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In Access 2007 you can turn on what is called "Tabbed Documents" and that creates a tab at the top of the window (below the ribbon) and you can have forms, reports, queries and even tables open in that manner. Note however that Access functions in a much different (and in many respects more powerful) fashion. For one thing Access is inherently a multi-user environment, and operates on a basic element of a record, while Excel works at the basic element of a cell. Each has it's own strengths and limitations. But for building applications, Access is a better tool in my view. The ability to bind records to forms, and the ability to create reports, are things that can be done in Excel with lots of work but can be done in Access with relative ease.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your responses, I am trying to use tabs to create a multi-view of a single database. In approach, I can have one tab give the view of what labels would look like, in another tab is would only show certain information (columns) and one of them would have all the information to view. In some of the databases I created had 7 tabs for my particular views I need, plus it was quick to switch back and forth with ease. I found this very useful in Approach and was trying to figure out how to accomplish this in Access. Approach has not had any updates/upgrades in years and I have to face the fact I need to move on to something that does.

Thank you for you responses and will look into the tab feature Wendel touch on.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As Gary suggested, you can use tab controls in Access forms to create complex forms. We frequently place subforms on the tabs to give views of different information, for example, personal details on one tab, contact info on another tab, and activities of some sort on a third tab. Hope that gives some additional perspective.
    Wendell