New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have 2 seperate Windows 7 computers that I performed a clean install on, and then installed Office 2007. I used the same installation disk, as MSFT license agreement allows a single copy to be installed on twp machines. I put Windows 7 32-bit on my laptop, but Windows 7 64-bit on my desktop. Both are the Home Premium version of Windows 7.

When I copy an Hyperlink from the address bar in Internet Explorer, and then paste it into a new Outlook email message, I get a different result on my two computers. On the laptop, the pasted Hyperlink is shown in blue font and is underlined. On my desktop, the Hyperlink address remains in black colored font, and is never underlined.

When a recipient receives my Outlook message from my laptop, the Hyperlink address is always clickable (they click on the Hyperlink and their web browser opens up and takes them to the address). When a recipient receives my Outlook message from my desktop, the Hyperlink is never underlined, and sometimes it is clickable and sometimes it is not. When it is not, the recipient must manually copy the Hyperlink text from the Outlook message, manually open their web browser, and manually paste the Hyperlink into the address bar of their web browser.

I have searched through every option that I can find in my two Outlook installations looking for differences. I can not identify any such option settings differences.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on what I should try to get my desktop to behave like my laptop in this operation?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What are the email format of these two systems?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    They are both set to HTML format. Is that what you are asking?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes, that is what I was asking about.
    On my system, the pasted data does NOT become a link until I add a space to end of the pasted in address. This is same it has been since Office 2000 if not before. This same thing happens in Word as Word is the email editor in Outlook 2007, but was a choice on the earlier versions.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dave, on my laptop I normally tap the enter key to get it to recognize the text as a link. On my desktop, neither that, or your suggestion to add a space character make it happen. There is something else at play here.... still haven't figured this one out, though.

If I select the pasted text, and then right-click, and choose "Hyperlink..." from the pop-up menu, and then just click on OK, the text turns blue, is underlined and is certainly a click-able link at that point. Not sure why this isn't an automatic process.

Thanks
    My experience is as follows:

Outlook 2007 Plain Text format: Outlook displays the URL as a link (even though, technically, it is plain text)

Outlook 2007 HTML format: Outlook does not convert the URL to a link

Word 2007: Word does not convert the URL to a link*

* I have turned this feature off in the options dialog for AutoFormat As You Type. Office Buttons > Word Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options... > AutoFormat As You Type tab > "Replace as you type..." "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"

Does your Outlook 2007 HTML behave consistently with your Word 2007?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Jefferson,

No, Word 2007 and Outlook 2007 were behaving differently. I saw "were" because you led me to the editor options in Outlook 2007 to turn this feature on.

Word had the "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" check box checked, while it was not checked on Outlook.

Thank you so much!
    Gregg