New Lounger
    Thanks
    Please allow the user to select the number of lines (rows) per page displayed in the forums. It's a real pain/extremely distracting from a usability perspective to have to visually locate & click the "next" (set of rows) button. Every pagination system should include a "show all rows" button. Ideally, the default value for a particular user could be saved (e.g., per logon account, or as a cookie) as a (permanent) preference too.

Thanks!!

-pt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Thomas View Post
    Please allow the user to select the number of lines (rows) per page displayed in the forums. It's a real pain/extremely distracting from a usability perspective to have to visually locate & click the "next" (set of rows) button.
    The default appears to be 30. The maximum permitted in the settings is 40. See "Number of threads to show on each forum page" on this page: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...rcp&tab=forums

I've zoomed the page text in my browser so I can better read the text. As a result, the Next button looks large to me, but YMMV.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We are aware of the display limitations in the IP Board software, and would like to provide more view options once we determine which options are actually allowed. Thanks to Jefferson for providing the needed information!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Small View Post
    We are aware of the display limitations in the IP Board software, and would like to provide more view options once we determine which options are actually allowed. Thanks to Jefferson for providing the needed information!
    I don't know why someone would consider the ability to view 40 posts per "page" view of a thread a constraint. That seems MORE than sufficient to me and already requires a bit of paging down just to read that many posts in a thread. Methinks the OP is a bit overbearing on this one!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc View Post
    I don't know why someone would consider the ability to view 40 posts per "page" view of a thread a constraint. That seems MORE than sufficient to me and already requires a bit of paging down just to read that many posts in a thread.
    Yes, that would be a lot of reading. But I think the poster is referring to the list of threads in a forum, rather than the actual posts in a thread. Anyway, that's what I was commenting on.

For some purposes, it's nice to be able to make long lists, for example, where it's useful to sort by one of the column headings. I'm not sure it's that useful in the Lounge. And I would resist having "Show All" for performance reasons.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I agree, a "show all" would be extreme overkill. For example, the Database forum currently contains over 25,000 posts.
    I have noticed, however, that I have 100 posts per page being displayed. A carryover from the old lounge I assume.