Thread: Sticky Threads

Lounger
    Thanks
    Can we get an addon that allows users to vote for threads to be stickied?
    My Laptop Specs
    Asus M50SV-A1, Win7 x64 Pro, 1440x900 WXGA screen, 250Gb Seagate Momentus 5400.4RPM HD with 8Mb Cache, Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz Processor with 6Mb L2 cache, 3Gbs of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS 512Mb GPU, Logitech G5, Saitek X52/ST290 Logitech Precision Gaming Headset

Looking for firewall, antivirus, or antispyware suggestions. Do some research: Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall Research Thread

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In my opinion no

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    In my opinion no
    Why? It keeps very important threads at the top that everyone should read. If they arent stickied they fall to the bottom and eventually get purged.
    My Laptop Specs
    Asus M50SV-A1, Win7 x64 Pro, 1440x900 WXGA screen, 250Gb Seagate Momentus 5400.4RPM HD with 8Mb Cache, Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz Processor with 6Mb L2 cache, 3Gbs of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS 512Mb GPU, Logitech G5, Saitek X52/ST290 Logitech Precision Gaming Headset

Looking for firewall, antivirus, or antispyware suggestions. Do some research: Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall Research Thread

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the past, although there hasn't been a new addition in almost a year, links to outstanding posts were added to the one of the three Star Posts lists at the top of the Suggestion Box forum.

The problems I see with a poll and making specific thread sticky is what you or I may find "Stick worthy" may seem like drivel to others. Also what happens when you add Sticky post #31? Loungers having the number of threads being display per page set at 30would have to go onto page 2 to see any new content in that forum.

Star Post Lists include:
    Star posts - Windows
    Star posts - Other Technologies
    Star posts - Office Applications

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    ... they fall to the bottom and eventually get purged.
    Unless something has changed that I don't know about, there are only a couple of forums where threads get purged after a time, such as Scuttlebutt, so with rare exception you should be able to find something you're looking for.

In addition, why not create your own, personal storehouse of threads (or individual posts) as described in Bookmarking threads?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    Why? It keeps very important threads at the top that everyone should read. If they arent stickied they fall to the bottom and eventually get purged.
    In addition to the above said, there is a search tool and, also, most browsers have the possibility to add bookmarks, I think...

Nothing that is worth saving gets purged here in the Lounge; i.e. the Test Area will be cleaned every now and then.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Al,
    I think that Scuttlebutt posts have not been purged since we moved to IPB in Feb. That is, posts from, say, some 3 months before that, a year ago is still there.

A bit difficult to see now when we have merged Cooking, Pix Place and Books/Ezines with Scuttlebutt. I mentioned something about that, here, in reply to Skitterbug, but I've not heard anything more on this.