Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    A couple of security/stability updates from Mozilla. For those using Firefox 3 there is Firefox 3.0.16, and for those using 3.5, the new release is Firefox 3.5.6 with localized versions available from Firefox web browser - International versions.
    For more information on these releases see Mozilla Firefox 3.0.16 Release Notes and Mozilla Firefox 3.5.6 Release Notes.

The updates should also be available through the built-in update mechanism.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    To overcome 'freezing' problems I have been using various betas of 3.6 so it was a bit of a surprise to see a further release of 3.5. Any idea what the plan is for the final release of 3.6?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Clark View Post
    To overcome 'freezing' problems I have been using various betas of 3.6 so it was a bit of a surprise to see a further release of 3.5. Any idea what the plan is for the final release of 3.6?
    Mozilla are very close to being code-complete for Firefox 3.6, I just ran a bug report listing and there are currently 18 blocking bug reports for a release candidate build of Firefox 3.6 (8 or the blockers are not code-related). There are some other bugs that have been fixed but not yet landed on the latest builds, they will be added soon. Mozilla are pushing to get all remaining bugs landed in the next couple of days. If all goes to plan Mozilla will be building a release candidate for testing this week.

It is possible that Mozilla will be able to release Firefox 3.6 this month, but it will more likely be released very early in 2010.