New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Hiya everyone. First time poster but long time fan of Windows Secrets.

I did a search but didn't really know how to word the search to find what I was really looking for.

Here's my question. When I run IE in Win7, if I have more than one tab open and I mouse over the taskbar, I can see all the tabs available, and if I click on a particular one, that tab will be displayed. It also work with multiple open apps like Excel and Word.

But when I run Firefox, I only get one display and it shows only the current tab selected. It doesn't show the other tabs within Firefox.

I have searched Google and see all kind of post about this issue, and a lot of them saying there are Addons and Mozilla is going to fix it later. Most of those posts were during the beta of Win7 and they mention that Firefox 3.3 and above will be able to do this, but I am currently running Firefox 3.5 and it still doesn't work for me.

Is there a setting that I am missing? or is there an addon that can help me accomplish this?

Thanks for having this forum and I really appreciate anyone's help in this.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    The taskbar preview feature will be implemented in a future version of Firefox. It is currently planned for Firefox 3.7

The feature will be available in Firefox 3.6 which is due out soon but will be switched off by default as there are a number of bugs which still need to be resolved to make it work properly. After Firefox 3.6 is released you can turn on this feature if you wish, but you should note that it will not work properly.

To enable the feature in Firefox 3.6 (this will not work in Firefox 3.5), you need to type about:config into the location bar and press enter.
    Accept the warning message that pops up, you will then see a list of hidden settings.
    Locate the setting browser.taskbar.previews.enable and double-click on it to change its value to true

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you TonyE. I had already downloaded and installed Ver. 3.6 Beta 4 and using you info just configured it. That is what I was looking for. Works like a charm right now.

And will be on the look out for Ver. 3.7 when it comes out.

Again thank you for the help...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    on another thread, does chrome have plans for w7 previews?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by james chang View Post
    on another thread, does chrome have plans for w7 previews?
    It is planned to add it in the Chromium browser, once it is added there, it will eventually appear in Chrome. (Google Chrome is based on the Chromium browser)
    Issue 8036 - chromium - Show thumbnails for open tabs on Windows 7 superbar (Aero Peek)

Thanks
    I found a neat little FF add-on called CoolPreviews 3.0 that I've been using in XP, Vista and Win7 without any issues http://www.coolpreviews.com/
    It works with FF 3.0-3.6

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better