robertteacher

underline, bold, box

It's easy to select text and click the B or U button to make it bold or underline it. On Japanese Word 2000, a button next to Underline has the letter A in a box. When you click it after selecting one or more words in the same line of text, it puts a box around it. This same button doesn't appear on English Word 2000. How can I add it?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: underline, bold, box

Robert,

Manually, if you go VFormat, Borders and Shading, and select Box, you will get the formatting I think you're after. There's a button on my formatting toolbar which looks like a box with thin vertical and horizontal lines- click on that and select the box.

If that's the effect you want, you can put it directly on your toolbar. Tools, Customize, All Commands, Select "BorderOutside" from the list, and drag it onto you menubar.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

To customize toolbars, right click on any toolbar and select customize. When I did, I didn't find the icon you describe. However, if you click on the border button while words/letters are selected, it will provide the same function.
    Karen

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Robert
    Further to Geoff's reply, if you want a choice of border (box, underline, right, left etc) you can add a borders menu icon to your toolbar using Tools | Customize | select the Commands tab and then All Commands. The generic borders menu icon is called MenuBorder - so don't expect to find it with all the other border options!
    This icon has a drop down option - the icon that is displayed changes to the last option used. The drop down option is used to change the current default.
    Silverback