New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi All;
    I am wondering if there is any way to printer from Windows 7 using the Lexmark Z53 Printer that I have installed on the Windows 7 Laptop under the "Windows Virtual PC" in the "Windows XP Mode". Lexmark has no intention of providing Drivers for Windows 7 for this Z53 Printer. When you are in the Windows XP Mode, you can print. When I look for the Z53 on the Windows 7 side, the Z53 doesn't even show up under the Virtual PC. The Z53 is installed physically on my Home Network on a computer running Windows XP Professional and is shared. There must be a way to print from Windows 7. I am a believer... Please advise. Thanks....

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Hemke View Post
    Hi All;
    I am wondering if there is any way to printer from Windows 7 using the Lexmark Z53 Printer that I have installed on the Windows 7 Laptop under the "Windows Virtual PC" in the "Windows XP Mode". Lexmark has no intention of providing Drivers for Windows 7 for this Z53 Printer. When you are in the Windows XP Mode, you can print. When I look for the Z53 on the Windows 7 side, the Z53 doesn't even show up under the Virtual PC. The Z53 is installed physically on my Home Network on a computer running Windows XP Professional and is shared. There must be a way to print from Windows 7. I am a believer... Please advise. Thanks....
    See http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...ost&pid=589883 for help in debugging access to shared resources.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    See http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...ost&pid=589883 for help in debugging access to shared resources.

Joe
    Thanks Joe;
    Looks like a great resource, although I am not sure what part of it would help in my case. Wonder if someone could provide more specific information. Thanks....

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Hemke View Post
    Thanks Joe;
    Looks like a great resource, although I am not sure what part of it would help in my case...
    Just start at the beginning and work through the instructions.

The trouble with networking problems is that there are SO many possible causes that you have to be very methodical to really understand what is working and what is faulty.