Thanks
    I am trying to write a macro to change the Heading 1 style to have a hanging indent from 1.25 inches. I run the following code yet nothing is changed. Am I missing anything?

Sub TestThis()
    With ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 1").ParagraphFormat
    .LeftIndent = InchesToPoints(1.25)
    .FirstLineIndent = InchesToPoints(-0.63)
    End With
    End Sub
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    As noted in your previous thread (Change Format of All Heading 1 Styles), manually applied changes will not be overruled when you change the style definition. So if you had already modified the indents of Heading 1 paragraphs, the hanging indent will have no effect.

Run the macro from the thread I mentioned to reset the paragraph format. You should then see the hanging indent.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    As noted in your previous thread (Change Format of All Heading 1 Styles), manually applied changes will not be overruled when you change the style definition. So if you had already modified the indents of Heading 1 paragraphs, the hanging indent will have no effect.

Run the macro from the thread I mentioned to reset the paragraph format. You should then see the hanging indent.
    Thank you Hans! I've made sure not to make that mistake again by putting a call your macro by inserting it at the beginning of each Heading 1, 2, 3, macros. It has penitrated into my mind now, finally!
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.