3 Star Lounger
    Ohio - USA, Ohio, USA
    Using a Dell Vostro 200 with Windows XP Professional. Suddenly, after moving the computer from one desk to another, it periodically shuts down and we get this blue screen that says:

Technical Information:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000060, 0x0000002, 0x0000000, 0xAA2AD341)

WUSB54gcv3.SYS- Address AA1AD341 base at AA15B000, Datestamp 48b66753
    Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete
    Contact your system administration or technical support group for further assistance.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If this problem continues, disable any newly installed hardware or software, disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select Safe Mode.

I did a BIOS update and that did not help. I have now done a System Restore and hope it helped but have to wait and see, as this doesn't necessarily occur every day, the last time, after I did the BIOS update I left the computer running and it didn't occur again unitl about 6 days later.

Anyone have any suggestions?

New Lounger
    Darlington, England
    From the description that you have given, I would say that you have a bad device driver on your system! Obviously it keeps getting installed, either during the build, or perhaps introduced later as an update Either that, or you have a bad device, I am guessing from the device drivers name that it is a Wireless USB dongle driver that is causing the problem.

Can you boot into safe mode and run MSCONFIG? If so i would review the startup items and disable any that are there relating to your mobile wireless device.
    Experience is a hard mistress, yet she teaches like no other.

4 Star Lounger
    Dundee, Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by CharliesDaughter View Post
    Using a *Dell Vostro 200 with Windows XP Professional. *Suddenly, after moving the computer from one desk to another...*
    If you've not tried this already, try opening it and removing and reseating the RAM modules, it may be that they've worked loose in the move. You could always check other connections while you've go the top off (blow out dust bunnies etc)
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)