New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am happy to have Outlook show me my appointments for each day. However, it notifies me of the number of hours remaining until my event is due. I don't really want to know that. How can I stop the number of hours reminder?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can choose whether or not you get a reminder for each appointment, but if you request a reminder, then I don't believe there is any way to have it not tell you the hours remaining. Of course you can set the reminder for 5 minutes before the appointment time, but that sort of defeats the purpose unless it is a task or appointment you can do where you are.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Dalsimer View Post
    I am happy to have Outlook show me my appointments for each day. However, it notifies me of the number of hours remaining until my event is due. I don't really want to know that. How can I stop the number of hours reminder?

I might be more helpful if I knew specifically what you are referring to.

If you don't want a reminder at all (for an existing appointment):
    Double click on the appointment.
    On the ribbon appointment tab click the arrow on reminder and choose none.

If you only want one reminder per item click the dismiss button on the reminder when it pops up and it will go away and not come back.

One other method that will apply to all reminders:
    On the calender main menu choose Tools => Options => Other (tab) => Advanced Options => Reminder Options
    There you can choose not to display the reminder or not play the sound.
    "Campaigns to bear-proof all garbage containers in wild areas have been difficult because, as
    one biologist put it, `There is a considerable overlap between the intelligence levels of the
    smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.'
    Richard Wabrek