New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there anything different between Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Pro that has to do with being able to create a software RAID 0?
    Someone told me "you need Windows 7 Pro to be able to create a RAID software RAID 0" --- but nothing that I have read mentions this.
    Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

Note: I'm NOT considering making my system drive RAID 0 - it's for video projects --- where I need speed and lots of room. I know about the risks of RAID 0 - I backup all the time.

Thanks,
    \Dave

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In searching the various forums, I found a couple of sites that suggest you need either Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise versions of Windows 7, but I didn't find anything definitive in the Microsoft documentation with a cursory look.
    Wendell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My Brother has 3 drives in raid 0 on his win 7 home premium using SSD drives. He tells me it is easy to do.
    But I myself have not used raid as I do not need it with only one hard drive installed.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.