Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lounger
    Thanks
    A lot of fun was had with this on another site I belong to, so thought I'd share it here....

http://whatsyourview.net/challenge/

Actually quite easy when you know how.

Thanks
    Thanks. I am having fun with this.

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, it took me like for hours, but I got out. I had to look up how pianos work because I've never really been interested in them too much, and had no Idea how the keys are laid out in english...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the suitcase open (but not the box inside), the wall plug and the safe. I just can't figure out what to do with the multi-coloured die and the tone generator. Does anyone have any hints?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I have reached the same place as the above poster. There is a wire under a floorboard, which I can expose but do nothing with. I have a funny feeling I have to tune it like a guitar string to the right frequency with the tone generator, but I know nothing about music. So I'm stuck. That forum by the way that is supposed to give tips appears to be a red herring. Its a football forum, no mention of puzzles.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank From Wakefield View Post
    I think I have reached the same place as the above poster. There is a wire under a floorboard, which I can expose but do nothing with. I have a funny feeling I have to tune it like a guitar string to the right frequency with the tone generator, but I know nothing about music. So I'm stuck. That forum by the way that is supposed to give tips appears to be a red herring. Its a football forum, no mention of puzzles.
    I have hints if you want but I don't want to be a spoiler here. Do you realize that you highlight each of the clues you have found and if you click the i within the circle you can change the function of the swiss army knife for example? Did you get the 3rd battery out from the wall socket?

Hey Jude

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quoteI have hints if you want but I don't want to be a spoiler here. Do you realize that you highlight each of the clues you have found and if you click the i within the circle you can change the function of the swiss army knife for example? Did you get the 3rd battery out from the wall socket?
    ][/quote]
    Yes , I've done all of that, you need that knowlege to get in the safe, thanks. I've used the Gold bar correctly, I think - which brings me back to that thing under the floorboard which at the moment doesn't respond to any tool that I have. Somebody above mentioned piano keys ?? and this tone generator is still a mystery, as is the multi coloured die, which changes when clicked as you describe.

Thanks
    Yes , I've done all of that, you need that knowlege to get in the safe, thanks. I've used the Gold bar correctly, I think - which brings me back to that thing under the floorboard which at the moment doesn't respond to any tool that I have. Somebody above mentioned piano keys ?? and this tone generator is still a mystery, as is the multi coloured die, which changes when clicked as you describe.
    piano keys are shown by hovering the black light over the 7 buttons to get in the I think left panel. CDEFGAB and you find the code on the briefcase card so remember which letters have which color and make the buttons to match in that corresponding order. Oh, you use the numbers on the die to correspond to the numbers on the panel on the right safe. The "tone generator" haha is the radio. You have to adjust each of the slides to be at the highest pitch and once all 5 pitches are "high" you click that > on the right and the radio opens. Then inside is a magnet that you want which you will pry with that knife....does this help? When I first did it, I didn't realize that "the thing under the floorboard" is the black light which seems to automatically get added to your little stash of "clues." I fiddled with that for quite awhile--going on to something else until I realized the black light was already in my stash.

Hey Jude

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help, Hey Jude. I've now found the magnet and a sheet of paper with 8 cryptic clues on it, four of them scrubbed out with felt tip pen. I think I understand the instructions in the radio on how to use the magnet, but I haven't worked out which 'hole' its suggests I stick it in, LOL ! I Still haven't acquired the black light despite trying with the spanner/magnet combination and other tools to fish it out. Hence I havent found the piano keys. I asume the briefcase card is the one in the lid bearing only 4 letters, each one associated with a colour ? How that helps with the sequence you wrote, which has 8 different letters escapes me, at the moment as does the die which bears no numbers (am I missing something ?) but 6 colours. Not having got into the box inside the briefcase, I may be missing a major clue which would have made sense of the above ?

Thanks
    Thanks for your help, Hey Jude. I've now found the magnet and a sheet of paper with 8 cryptic clues on it, four of them scrubbed out with felt tip pen. I think I understand the instructions in the radio on how to use the magnet, but I haven't worked out which 'hole' its suggests I stick it in, LOL ! I Still haven't acquired the black light despite trying with the spanner/magnet combination and other tools to fish it out. Hence I havent found the piano keys. I asume the briefcase card is the one in the lid bearing only 4 letters, each one associated with a colour ? How that helps with the sequence you wrote, which has 8 different letters escapes me, at the moment as does the die which bears no numbers (am I missing something ?) but 6 colours. Not having got into the box inside the briefcase, I may be missing a major clue which would have made sense of the above ?
    Look in your stash to see if you have what looks like a black light. You will hold the black light up to the left panel I think over those 7 buttons--which then will show you that the 7 buttons are really laid out like piano keys. Let me think, to get the magnet onto the ratchet you have to enlarge the ratchet first and then you drag the magnet up to it and it will hook onto the end--not the nut end, but the solid end. Then when you have that done you are ready to take the bolts out of the chair. The chair has to be moved out of the way so you can stick the magnet end of the ratchet into the holes left by the 4 bolts. In those holes you will find 4 batteries which will go into the black light. Enlarge the black light and then click each of the batteries one at a time and you will then have power in the light. Remember when you opened the floor board and saw that string? you were to cut the string with the knife and then the black light should have just made it to your stash. Other than that I didn't do anything to get it out of the hole.

Ok in reference to the card in the briefcase that has 4 letters on it--notice each color for each letter. This has to do with opening that panel with the 7 buttons. You remember which letters you have and what colors and then when you hold up the black light to the buttons, you see that the far left one is C, D, E, F, G, A, B. So you will click the buttons to make the colors match the colors on your card. Since you only have 4 letters and there are 7 buttons, then you just leave the ones without colors plain. You don't make them a color in order to come up with the right sequence. Hope this makes sense. I started going thru it again yesterday and then got distracted.

The die has colors--and when you hold the black light up to it you'll see that the colors match numbers and this is used to access the RIGHT panel--trying to remember. It's the panel that has the 9 buttons that are not a telephone pad or a number pad with one large button at the bottom. At first I thought it was a telephone pad, but it turns out it's more like the pips on the die. When you get the right sequence the panel will automatically open.

Hope this is enough to get you going.

Hey Jude

Thanks
    I just redid getting the black light. You use the gold bar to prop on the floor board, then you use the swiss army knife to cut the string that is holding the board down--you see this as you hold the knife blade on the front part of the space--just a tiny line and you put the mouse there and you'll hear a snip. Then you can toss the board off and get the black light. Had to redo it to remember.

Hey Jude

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your helpful tips. The funny thing is I tried earlier to snip the wire with the knife and it didn't work. Then I misunderstood when I thought you said it wasn't a wire - it was a black light and that it just jumped into your kit without you noticing. This led me off at a tangent trying to use the magnet to get the "black light (which was really a string). Anyway is all good fun.
    I had already removed the bolts and moved the chair (seems like days ago now) so your latest posts started to make sense, and I snipped the wire first time this time. So, I've got the black light working and seen the piano keys which meant absolutely nothing to me, but having looked on the internet I can see your logic as to what they mean, in fact i've cracked that one and got a key. I've found the numbers on the die now so I've got that number/colour code and cracked that, so I have a second key, but I need a third one. I've picked up, using the UV light all sorts of hidden equations to go with the cryptic stuff on the piece of paper and was dissappointed that the uv light didnt reveaL the scrubbed out notes 5,6,7,8 on the paper - unless the ones revealed elsewhere replace them. I've unlocked 2 of the 3 locks on the box in the briefcase and I'm trying to figure out what next.................

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, Hey jude

I know about the Good luck message and the hidden link between the letters, L to K, G to D, first O to C second O to U . I have found the hidden keypad holding the last key. I also have CK=c2, OD=c2, LU=a1, GO= c3 and a table with 1. b4, 2. b1, 3. d3, 4. a3 and 5,6,7,8 blanked out. I watched a walkthrough on Youtube which supposedly explained what to do with all this stuff but it did not make one Iota of sense (no dialog ) and the number/letter sequence generated bore no relationship to the buttons pressed.
    If you can explain clearly the logic , I would appreciate it. Thanks

Lurker
    Thanks
    Help.

I can't locate where the loose floorboard is.
    I haven't found a gold bar.
    I've only got one key for the strongbox.
    And I've no idea how to open the right hand panel.

I do have four batteries, a bushel of stuff that's already served its purpose and a foreboding sense that I've still got a long way to go.

Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, time for the solution for all of you still struggling & want to know.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast