New Lounger
    Thanks
    GDAY, WOULD ANYONE HAVE A FIX FOR THIS ERROR CODE , THE PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN UNINSTALLED,BUT THIS ERROR SIGN COMES UP ALL THE TIME WHEN BROWSING, AND WHEN A NEW TAB IS OPENED IT COMES UP MORE OFTEN , REGARDS PETE

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER W COYNE View Post
    GDAY, WOULD ANYONE HAVE A FIX FOR THIS ERROR CODE , THE PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN UNINSTALLED,BUT THIS ERROR SIGN COMES UP ALL THE TIME WHEN BROWSING, AND WHEN A NEW TAB IS OPENED IT COMES UP MORE OFTEN , REGARDS PETE
    Can you give us a bit more info please? It's impossible to tell from your post what program you're talking about.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    GDAY, " Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author." IS THE PROBLEM, I KEEP GETTING THIS BANNER UP AT RANDOM ONLY WHILE IN INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER, IT COMES UP MORE OFTEN WHEN I HAVE SEVERAL ADDITIONAL TABS OPEN, SEVERAL OTHER PERSONS HAVE BEEN USING MY COMPUTER OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS AND WERE DOWNLOADING AND TESTING UNKNOWN PROGRAMS THAT THEY HAVE NOW DELETED BUT HAVE LEFT ME WITH THIS ERROR, I WAS HOPING THAT SOMEONE WOULD BE AWARE OF THIS CODE AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE, REGARDS PETE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER W COYNE View Post
    GDAY, " Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author." IS THE PROBLEM, I KEEP GETTING THIS BANNER UP AT RANDOM ONLY WHILE IN INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER, IT COMES UP MORE OFTEN WHEN I HAVE SEVERAL ADDITIONAL TABS OPEN, SEVERAL OTHER PERSONS HAVE BEEN USING MY COMPUTER OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS AND WERE DOWNLOADING AND TESTING UNKNOWN PROGRAMS THAT THEY HAVE NOW DELETED BUT HAVE LEFT ME WITH THIS ERROR, I WAS HOPING THAT SOMEONE WOULD BE AWARE OF THIS CODE AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE, REGARDS PETE
    First, please check your keyboard. There seems to be a problem with the Caps Lock key. (ALL CAPS is considered shouting on most forums. Please don't shout at us.)

Second, have you run thorough antivirus and anti-malware scans on your computer? Setting aside the possibility of broken software, you might want to first verify that your system is clean.

Third, this post belongs on a different board, but I'm not sure which one. We will move it once we learn more.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    sorry about the cap lock being on but my sight is not too good , i have run many spyware, clean up and remove old left over programs also regards pete

Brian Livingston
    If the error is displayed only when you are using Internet Explorer, then an add-on to IE is trying to decompress its code, but the decompression is failing.

What did you find when you searched in Google for the exact phrase of the error message?

This thread was moved from the Suggestion Box forum, which is only for feedback and suggestions to the Lounge Admins. Thanks.

Thanks
    I copied that phrase and pasted it into Google and got almost 7000 hits!

Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author - Google Search

So you are not alone. (However, as my lunch is over, I don't have time to read the results right now!)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all , the errant software that some how was downloaded turned off the behavior guard in Spy-ware doctor with anti virus, enabling this guard has stopped the problem, Once again thank for all your contributions, regards Pete