Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Revo has gone commercial with its version 2, and it is expensive for those of us with more than one computer. It is a great utility, but they may have priced themselves out of the market for some of us.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peterg View Post
    Revo has gone commercial with its version 2, and it is expensive for those of us with more than one computer. It is a great utility, but they may have priced themselves out of the market for some of us.
    I was wondering why you didn't provide a link and now that I see the PRICE, I can see why!!!

Revo Uninstaller Pro

Thanks
    If you compare the Free and Pro, did they add a huge number of features worth paying for? Or did they take away some things from the Free version? I think that makes all the difference in whether you are merely a little disappointed or really steamed.

Download page: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I landed directly on the web page with the prominent news lauding version 2, then checked the purchase option for the price, and assumed that they had gone exclusively commercial: hence the sticker shock. I hadn't seen the page with the side-by-side comparison of freeware and Pro.

On further investigation I see that the freeware version still exists, and the Pro version is a matter of interest to me in that I have three Win 7 x64 computers. Unfortunately it is still a steep price when there is only one of me, but if they licence it by the computer I'm stuck, or they are with a product that some of us can't afford.

Fortunately my setting up is mostly done, uninstalling in the short run is unlikely, and 64-bit applications that might benefit from it are few and far between. This is something to keep my eye on for (distant) future purchase. Sorry for the false alarm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peterg View Post
    Unfortunately it is still a steep price when there is only one of me, but if they licence it by the computer I'm stuck, or they are with a product that some of us can't afford.
    Well... if you can afford 64 bits, then certainly you can afford $40... But seriously, some competition probably will emerge in this segment sooner rather than later.