Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When reading emails in beta OL 2010, I will either delete them or use the up arrow to move to the previous email. Imagine my surprise when I found that OL had skipped over many messages!
    Anyone else seen this behavior?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Deb Schindler's December 17th edition of Win7 News addresses this issue:

More annoying was the fact that after I deleted a message in my Inbox, instead of displaying the next message in the list in the Preview pane, as I was used to with Office 2007 and with the Technical Preview, I had to explicitly click that next message to see it. Although this new default is a good security measure if you don't have anti-virus software that scans email messages, it also slows you down when you're going through a bunch of mail messages. After a little hunting trip, I located the setting to change this: Click File | Options | Mail and scroll all the way to the bottom, under Other. Then where it says "After moving or deleting an open item," you can select "Open the next item" or "open the previous item."
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your response but this is a different issue. The actions mentioned in the newsletter has been an option since the inception of OL and is not new. I already have OL set to open the previous email. The problem is that OL skips emails when opening a previous email. When I finish going through the emails and go back to the inbox, there are unopned emails scattered about.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Interestingly enought, the phenomenon I reported seems to have stopped. OL 2010 no longer skips emails as I described. Are there auto updates for Office 2010? I didn't think there was.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David Spencer View Post
    Interestingly enought, the phenomenon I reported seems to have stopped. OL 2010 no longer skips emails as I described. Are there auto updates for Office 2010? I didn't think there was.
    No. The only update was a release candidate for a selected audience of testers.

Joe
    Joe