New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello all.
    My OS is Windows 7 and Office 2007. I use Outlook on a personal PC and use Word as the email editor.
    For the last 5 years I have always used Outlook 2003 until I upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2007. The feature that I used quite a bit in Outlook 2003 is not available in the 2007 version of Outlook. I hope someone can help me figure out a way to get it back.

Previously with Outlook 2003, I could swipe over text in a email and then print just the 'Selection' of the text I had highlighted.
    Now, with Outlook 2007, I can swipe over text but the option to print just the 'Selection' is not available. My only options are 'All' or a 'Page Range'.
    In Word 2007, I can swipe over text and print the 'Selection' of the highlighted text.
    In Excel 2007, I can swipe over cells and print the 'Selection' of the highlighted cells.
    Since I am using Word as my email editor, why are the print options not the same?
    Can someone help me get the option to print a 'Selection' restored to Outlook 2007?
    Thanks,
    cstierhoff

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Stierhoff View Post
    Previously with Outlook 2003, I could swipe over text in a email and then print just the 'Selection' of the text I had highlighted.
    Now, with Outlook 2007, I can swipe over text but the option to print just the 'Selection' is not available. My only options are 'All' or a 'Page Range'.
    Welcome to the Lounge!!

Unfortunately, there is no native capability to do this in Outlook 2007. Here is Microsoft's official position - Print a page or part of an e-mail message - Outlook - Microsoft Office Online. There are some add-ons that claim to provide what you want. None are free though. Check out - Blueprint for Outlook - Solve Microsoft Outlook Printing Limitations, MAPILab - Print Tools for Outlook - Outlook add-in for automatic printing of messages and attachments, & Print Outlook emails in a customized way..

Joe