Lounger
    Thanks
    Now that the lounge is being advertised in Windows Secrets (but not mentioned this week) it would seem logical for a sub forum here for discussing it. Although I look forward to receiving my copy of Windows Secrets every week, there are certainly some things where I say 'I would not do it that way', or otherwise disagree with what is said. Is there too much coverage of Windows 7 in there, seeing as there are many of us who are not using that and unlikely to do so for a very long time? Is there a bias towards IE, Firefox and Adobe when there are excellent things like Opera and Foxit which get very little coverage. The lounge would be an excellent place to discuss what we think of Secrets and what we would like in it, but there is no logical place for these threads at the moment.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sergeant View Post
    Now that the lounge is being advertised in Windows Secrets (but not mentioned this week) it would seem logical for a sub forum here for discussing it. Although I look forward to receiving my copy of Windows Secrets every week, there are certainly some things where I say 'I would not do it that way', or otherwise disagree with what is said. Is there too much coverage of Windows 7 in there, seeing as there are many of us who are not using that and unlikely to do so for a very long time? Is there a bias towards IE, Firefox and Adobe when there are excellent things like Opera and Foxit which get very little coverage. The lounge would be an excellent place to discuss what we think of Secrets and what we would like in it, but there is no logical place for these threads at the moment.
    There is always the Contact Us - Windows Secrets page. While this would not lead to a public discussion, I'm sure that the WS staff would read your comments.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sergeant View Post
    We plan on adding a forum for discussing the articles that appear in the newsletter in the next few weeks, including "discuss this article" links on the WS website and in the newsletter. Right now, however, the Lounge server is pretty taxed just handling all of the new registrations. Upgrades to the server are being tested as I type this and a move to an unbelievably powerful new configuration is planned.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you much for those commnts, Tony! It's nice to hear something from the West now and again. I know the load must be HEAVY, so hang in there!